Fitbit and Android M Preview

Drew Hosick

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been on the preview for a day now and actually have yet to run into any issues... possibly until now...

I tried running my Fitbit app and I don't even see the option to sync my fitbit to the Bluetooth. It shows it in the menu but I don't see the option to tap to have it sync or look for it. Not sure if it's because I have to do something else because I just reformatted or because there's an incompatibility with M. Just wondering if anyone with M has a Fitbit and can check. I have a Nexus 6.

level380

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well my fitbit was working on M for a while, then I enabled bluetooth sync and it all fell apart.

Still trying to get it back syncing correctly!

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth on Android M is a bit of a mess right now. I think the problem extends to more than the Fitbit.

Posted via the Android Central App

Drew Hosick

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for saving me the trouble. I was about to upgrade back to M this afternoon. Guess I'll forgo it again.

Wondering if it's something Fitbit has to do at their end to make it compatible and they just haven't gone there yet with their updates.

Brad Breitenstein1

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I just factory wiped my phone with the new preview 3. Instead of restoring from another device i did it as a new device and ended up re-downloading all my applications (i had some other issues thats why i did it this way). Well now the fitbit app works. If you did a restore from a previous device it probably just carried over the issues.

Drew Hosick

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding it interesting that my Pebble watch keeps disconnecting randomly after sitting for a while from the phone. Just about every morning, for example, I pick them both up and it's no longer connected and I have to manually reconnect. BTW they are sitting beside each other overnight so it's not like there's a distance issue. That didn't happen with 5.1.1