deleting mail on phone and gmail server together

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Looks like ever since I updated to Marshmallow, all my emails on my gmail.com never got deleted. It used to be set up so if I delete an email from my gmail app on my phone, it deleted on the server. Looks like they changed the configuration and google searches all point me to old operating systems.

How do I fix this?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Gmail does use IMAP technology (synced deletions, move to folder), so if you delete, move to a folder, then it should do the same on Gmail on your computer. I had my Gmail account for awhile, and ages ago I had to log on to Gmail from my computer to change from POP (old email protocal, no syncing delete). Which email app are you using? The one labeled Gmail, or the stock app just labeled Email? An easy remedy would be to just remove the account from the phone, and reinstall.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Im using gmail app. I was thinking about deleting account as well because it was transferred using smart sync. I dont use my pc much so I didn't check the actual mail.google.com page often. It's been happening since around the time I got marshmallow on my old note 4.

I'll delete account and update post