I have a Samsung Note 4 & Asus Zenpad 10. Both run the same marshmallow OS. I usually upload music from the laptop to my Google Drive then download them onto my phone & use Google Play to create play lists & play them. This process seems to work fine on my Note 4 but when I login to Google Play using the Zenpad, I cannot see any of my music...but when I login into Google Drive with the Zenpad, I can see all my music.

I have done basic troubleshooting including, clearing cache & app data then refreshing. Removing google accounts & re-adding. Soft reboots. Ensured that 'Sync' for Google Play music is switched on under account settings.

Any ideas? This is very frustrating. I have been on the phone with Google Support & they told me to do the above (which I had already done)...there next step were factory reset which I want to avoid if possible...not only because it is a pain, but I don't think it will fix anything.

Thanks for your help!
    12-27-2016 11:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just curious -- why not just upload your music directly to your Google Music library?

I find this to be an excellent way of storing my music in the cloud, and it doesn't count towards my Google Drive storage at all (while uploading music files to Google Drive does count).
    12-29-2016 01:33 AM