Latest Android N release = dreadful battery drain

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
As the title suggests, just installed the latest update and my battery is now going to be empty in 3 hours.

When I installed the update I was at 91% and it's now at 60% in an hour.

None of the versions prior have had this issue 😕

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 396658.jpg
    396658.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 238

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any idea which device you are having a problem with but if you're thinking the beta 5 is the problem, you don't have a Nexus 5x. I do and it's doing fine. I downloaded beta 5 two hours ago and I'm not having a problem.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Battery stats aren't advising so far of apps using the battery. Running this on a Nexus 6. Worst performance of battery I've ever seen on all releases since day one of Nougat being available

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If it's not rogue apps, maybe the download & installation misfired somehow. Battery life on mine seems unchanged so far: it's been great on all of the preview builds. I lost maybe 4% overnight, and I'll find out this evening how DP5 compares to DP4.

Have you tried clearing your cache partition? How's the phone set for available storage and memory?

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm at 35% now and have turned off battery saver at 2pm just to see, I've uninstalled the last app I installed 2 days ago, just to see.

Wiped cache too

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
At least 2%/hr beats 60%/hr. Good luck.

FYI, my battery is draining more quickly than usual. I'm already at 76% after 5 hours of typically light use. It took more like 8 hours to get me to the middle 70s on DP4.

Last edited:

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Well I've got home and plugged in and got a full charge and things seem back to how they were previously.

Attachments

• 397078.jpg
    397078.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 188

Prabhod Sunkara

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I am facing the exact same problem, not sure what the resolution is or how to undo the latest release. I updated last night (7/19) while it was charging. I rebooted twice and it rebooted itself once. Any suggestions or help?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Android 7 beta 5 is apparently not the problem. A lot of people are running it and not having the problem you've describe. So, what can it be? I suppose it could be a corrupted download. If that were a possibility I'd do a factory reset. With Google Backup it's fairly quick and painless. It could be conflict with a third party app. If that were a possibility I'd boot into safe mode and see if the problem persisted.

I've had one app I use a lot that doesn't play nice with Android 7 betas so far. It happens, especially with betas.

mweba

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Since the update, I'm seeing my 2nd Gen Moto 360 running dead by 1pm (7am off charger). Could be a crazy coincidence but usually get 30hr or so.

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the exact same problem, not sure what the resolution is or how to undo the latest release. I updated last night (7/19) while it was charging. I rebooted twice and it rebooted itself once. Any suggestions or help?

I'd advise removing the last app that you installed before the download and see if that works. That fixed it for me

TruPlaya187

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Since the update, I'm seeing my 2nd Gen Moto 360 running dead by 1pm (7am off charger). Could be a crazy coincidence but usually get 30hr or so.

Somebody on G+ said the same thing about his Huwawi watch draining by mid-afternoon since having Preview 5 beta installed on his phone.