S6 Dialer Change in Nougat

1eyejack

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Running stock Android 7 on TMobile Galaxy S6.

When I press the Phone icon at bottom of home screen the Recent calls list appears as default instead of the Dialer. Have to press the Dialer symbol in lower right corner of the display to dial a number. This was not the case in all previous versions of Android.

How can I fix this annoyance? Want the Dialer keypad to appear when pressing the Phone icon on home screen.

Thanks in advance for assistance...

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think you can change that within your phone app settings.

Normally I agree, but I see the same as the OP, except I see Contacts as that's the last choice I made. If there is something in the Dialer settings I haven't been able to find it. Regardless, hitting the number pad is very easy.

SparklyPickle

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Normally I agree, but I see the same as the OP, except I see Contacts as that's the last choice I made. If there is something in the Dialer settings I haven't been able to find it. Regardless, hitting the number pad is very easy.

Is there a place under Settings related to calling options?

1eyejack

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I've looked everywhere for a way to change this but no luck.

I did discover, once the dial pad is up, if I press the home button instead of the back button to return to the home screen, the dial pad comes up the next time the phone icon is pressed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melseywag