Afew question..

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Well I'm in day 3 of my android / Samsung Galaxy Z 5 Fold experience after owning an iPhones since its creation.

I'm learning, but I'm leaning the basics or the basics basics, the learning curve feels steep yet kinda exciting...

Ok for my basic questions and I nave search for answers but I'm' probably not using the correct terminology yet.

1. Ok so I have found that when I tap on a app located on the first/main homepage screen it opens the app do what I need /want then close that app by default I go to the last 3rd home screen... I'd like to automatically be at the 1st home screen which is where I have my most used app... Is there a setting to change this?

2. Is there an app that will allow me to make an icon appear to be transparent on a Home Screen not trying to hide it or its functionality?

3. Down at the bottom of the screen (main home screen) there is a icon (III) , to close or open open apps, a square box (menu) to go the the home screen, and a arrow pointing left that takes me 1 step back... I added a shortcut option that appears to the far right (little person) and as a shortcut I have a password app called Dashlane. I thought when I tap on the person and then on the Dashlane it would open or offer Dashlane to show and populate they saved credentials for the app or website I'm on, but when
I tap on it it only changes to on or off, is that all it supposed to do?

Thank you
JW

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android 13 forum to the Z Fold5 forum, since devices (especially Samsung) often tweak the Android UI to their own specifications.

To select which of your homescreens is the primary one, long-press any empty part of a homescreen -- you should see more of an overview of your homescreens appear. Swipe over to the homescreen you want as your primary one, and tap the home-shaped icon at the top of it. Now, when you tap the Home nav button, it should go to this homescreen. Keep in mind, though, that if you're in an app and you tap the Home button, it will dump you to the last homescreen you were on -- you have to tap Home a second time to get to the primary homescreen.

For #2, are you asking for only one or two specific icons to be transparent, or do you want all icons to be transparent? You can change how all of the icons look by changing the theme: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/galaxy-store-galaxy-themes. Otherwise, you can install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, look for a transparent icon pack in the Play Store, and individually edit a homescreen icon to use one of the transparent icons.

The little man icon in the nav bar is an Accessibility shortcut. I'm not sure how you added that. Password apps can have their own individual features related to saving or applying passwords, so you may need to look at a forum for Dashlane, or contact their support, to clarify how to use the feature. Sometimes apps will offer a Quick Settings tile for a feature like that -- swipe down the notification panel twice, tap the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Edit Buttons, and see if there's a Dashlane button there that you can add.

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I moved this from the Android 13 forum to the Z Fold5 forum, since devices (especially Samsung) often tweak the Android UI to their own specifications.

To select which of your homescreens is the primary one, long-press any empty part of a homescreen -- you should see more of an overview of your homescreens appear. Swipe over to the homescreen you want as your primary one, and tap the home-shaped icon at the top of it. Now, when you tap the Home nav button, it should go to this homescreen. Keep in mind, though, that if you're in an app and you tap the Home button, it will dump you to the last homescreen you were on -- you have to tap Home a second time to get to the primary homescreen.

For #2, are you asking for only one or two specific icons to be transparent, or do you want all icons to be transparent? You can change how all of the icons look by changing the theme: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/galaxy-store-galaxy-themes. Otherwise, you can install a 3rd party launcher like Nova, look for a transparent icon pack in the Play Store, and individually edit a homescreen icon to use one of the transparent icons.

The little man icon in the nav bar is an Accessibility shortcut. I'm not sure how you added that. Password apps can have their own individual features related to saving or applying passwords, so you may need to look at a forum for Dashlane, or contact their support, to clarify how to use the feature. Sometimes apps will offer a Quick Settings tile for a feature like that -- swipe down the notification panel twice, tap the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Edit Buttons, and see if there's a Dashlane button there that you can add.
Thank you for moving my thread to the proper group. I didn’t notice a Sam Galx Fold section.

#1 Well in respect to homepages I have my primary home page set as the first. I tap on the settings icon and then exit settings and I’m on the 3rd page which I thought was odd.

#2 I was hoping to just change 1 app icon so that I know where it is and available but it’s transparent to anyone looking… I have my iPhone page like that and was going to duplicate it until I get used to the Fold.

#3 I found the short option in the Accessibility section so I thought it would act as a shortcut since it’s what it’s called. It only says on or off when I tap Dashlane when I tap the little man.

Thank you again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
#2 I was hoping to just change 1 app icon so that I know where it is and available but it’s transparent to anyone looking… I have my iPhone page like that and was going to duplicate it until I get used to the Fold.
You mentioned before that you don't want to hide it, but it seems like you want it to be completely invisible (rather than transparent). You may want to use Secure Folder in that case: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/

#1 Well in respect to homepages I have my primary home page set as the first. I tap on the settings icon and then exit settings and I’m on the 3rd page which I thought was odd.
That behavior makes it sound like the 3rd page has been set as the primary homescreen. Did you go to that homescreen editing option and make sure the home icon at the top of your 1st page is highlighted? Tap that icon to make sure -- highlighting it makes it turn bright, whereas the other homescreens will still show the home icon at the top, but dimmer.

#3 I found the short option in the Accessibility section so I thought it would act as a shortcut since it’s what it’s called. It only says on or off when I tap Dashlane when I tap the little man.
In my experience, accessibility shortcuts for password apps can act a little odd. Look through Dashlane's support pages and see if that's actually necessary. I use Lastpass, and there's an autofill option I can turn on that brings up a Lastpass dialog box if I tap on a username/password field.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for moving my thread to the proper group. I didn’t notice a Sam Galx Fold section.

Thank you again
You can have 1 or more apps in edge panel as it not as transparent

Reactions: B. Diddy

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site

Thank you again
For number 2 I would direct you towards kgwt. I believe it should allow you to create a transparent widget. You should be able to set the widget to open said app when you touch it.

Reactions: B. Diddy

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You mentioned before that you don't want to hide it, but it seems like you want it to be completely invisible (rather than transparent). You may want to use Secure Folder in that case: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/

That behavior makes it sound like the 3rd page has been set as the primary homescreen. Did you go to that homescreen editing option and make sure the home icon at the top of your 1st page is highlighted? Tap that icon to make sure -- highlighting it makes it turn bright, whereas the other homescreens will still show the home icon at the top, but dimmer.

In my experience, accessibility shortcuts for password apps can act a little odd. Look through Dashlane's support pages and see if that's actually necessary. I use Lastpass, and there's an autofill option I can turn on that brings up a Lastpass dialog box if I tap on a username/password field.
Ok, first thank you for your offered support I greatly appreciated it.

I'll start in reverse...

#3 I will need to reach out to Dashlane because I don't see an option and have chosen it as my default password app.

#2 On my other device (iph) i was able to make a invisible/transparent icon. When tapped on seeing Im the only person who knows where it is on the home screen it opens settings or anything I create it for.

I think the app was called Clear Spaces that I got in the App Store... you would take a snapshot of a clean homepage and the app would offer you to tap on a specific spot or icon location and it would create a icon that looked like that spot... then you'd point it to a app of your choice. So its not transparent or inviable I guess its masked...

#1 When I tap and hold the first home screen does have the little home at the top so?

At this point the Android learning curve is taking me all over the place so I think if I could figure out #'s 213 I would feel a lot better...

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
For number 2 I would direct you towards kgwt. I believe it should allow you to create a transparent widget. You should be able to set the widget to open said app when you touch it.
Thank you for your reply:

I downloaded kgwt and it looks like its for creating widgets, Im trying to get a app to appear transparent I commented a moment ago that I think the iOS app was called Clear Spaces and it took a snapshot of the area where you want to place the app icon so it looked transparent.

I don't this this app is in the play store of I haven't found another apps name for it.

Thanks

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think you are the first person I've seen who has wanted to make an app icon transparent... there are better solutions on android for hiding an app.

For your home screen thing, try setting home to the second home screen and see if that helps

Reactions: n0m0n

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I think you are the first person I've seen who has wanted to make an app icon transparent... there are better solutions on android for hiding an app.

For your home screen thing, try setting home to the second home screen and see if that helps
Thanks
As for my desire for a transparent icon...well the icon even though transparent or appearing to be still is functional.

Thanks again

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for your reply:

I downloaded kgwt and it looks like its for creating widgets, Im trying to get a app to appear transparent I commented a moment ago that I think the iOS app was called Clear Spaces and it took a snapshot of the area where you want to place the app icon so it looked transparent.

I don't this this app is in the play store of I haven't found another apps name for it.

Thanks
Correct it does only make widgets. You can make a 1x1 widget which is the size of an icon, set the background to transparent and then set the touch action to open an app.

I recorded setting it up, the clock app does open, I trimmed the video to remove identifying ****.

Reactions: werkx and n0m0n

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
#1 When I tap and hold the first home screen does have the little home at the top so?
Right, but all of the homescreens will have the little home icon at the top. The key thing is to see which homescreen shows the home icon highlighted (i.e., brighter than the others). That's the one that's designated as the primary homescreen. You can easily check by tapping that home icon and seeing if it lights up or dims.

For the transparent/hidden icon, try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blankicon&hl=en_US&gl=US

Reactions: Mr. Lucky

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Right, but all of the homescreens will have the little home icon at the top. The key thing is to see which homescreen shows the home icon highlighted (i.e., brighter than the others). That's the one that's designated as the primary homescreen. You can easily check by tapping that home icon and seeing if it lights up or dims.

For the transparent/hidden icon, try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blankicon&hl=en_US&gl=US
Ok, so the little house is brighter on the first page than on pages 2, 3.
But when my device goes to sleep and I wake it up it is on page 3...

Thanks

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
As for the whole home thingy. Try nova launcher, if I remember correctly it has an option to where swipe up always takes you to the Home Screen.

As far as waking the phone up and it being on the last screen used instead of home. Not sure where this is coming from cause that’s how it also works on iPhone. I just tested this on my iPhone.

Reactions: ansa82

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I unlock it and swipe up, and it's on the 2,3rd page.
Shouldn't I go to the home page?
No, if the phone goes to sleep, and then you subsequently wake it, it will remember the last homescreen you were on. The primary homescreen is for when you tap the Home button (or use the Home gesture).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201