Android 7 Security Solutions?

ondablade

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
Please pardon my posting yet another question, but it's hard to resist when there's good knowledge about.

I've been running a Galaxy A3 2016 stand alone and avoiding apps, activating the e-mail etc - and only very occasionally connect it to the web.

I've started sharing documents with OneNote and hopefully OneDrive, which has prompted the thought that maybe some security is advisable.

I run Kaspersky Total Security on the PC, and presume it might be wise to use their solution which anyway is already paid for.

Trouble is their directions suggest that it downloads from Google Play, and that this requires a Google account.

Which last I've been avoiding given some personal concerns about the highly intrusive data they request and the rights they give themselves in the T&Cs.

Is this a decent option?
Thoughts on the Google issue?
Thoughts on other security solutions given the above?

Thanks

ondablade

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi. In absence of feedback I'm going ahead with installing the Kaspersky Total Security app.

It's possible they say to do using the .apk installer without needing a Google account (?) - not sure about that but will find out tomorrow.

newportgirl266

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
You can find the download link online. Type in "Kaspersky Total security" apk as your search term. Several sites with download links should pop up. Go to settings, security on your device and enable "allow downloads from outside sources" then return to the link and click "download." The download should appear in your status bar. Also in "downloads." You may need a package installer. You can download one in Google Play.

Open "downloads" and it will say "this type of file may harm your device. Install anyway?" Select 'yes' and let it install. Enjoy your app!

newportgirl266

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I meant, open downloads and select the appropriate apk file. Then when it asks if you want to install click on "yes." It will tell you that "this type of file may harm your device. Install anyway?" Select "yes" and wait for the installation to finish. Then enjoy your app!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89