My Wild Theory & Discovery

Munk.3

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
Remember this: MTK6582 is the stok ROM chip.

So as I was moddig my device/unbranded project I realize I couldn't do a lot of things.(no twrp, adb, etc...)

So anyway all my efforts led me to porting ROMs, and from porting ROMs the Chinese device would be stuck in bootloop, however I made a interesting discovery!!

I used 'USB tree' to get a good look at my device, info. I saw something called device id(forgot exact words) , and took those strings/data and did a Google search.

It showed me a cheap or unknown android device from China being sold in Thailand with MTK6575.(so I took the MTK6575 devices ROM/system.IMG and just decided to flash it with sp flash tools, which is the only way to flash roms for the device)

This means all the original stock.IMG and recovery is same except or the system.img. But you know what? It Actually boots up the MTK6575 Logo (the bootanimation, but it Obviosuly didnt work/go further ) but itgot further than my android ports with same MTK6582 chip. got further than my android ports with same MTK6582 chip.

So I tried to port the mtk6575 ROM, and found that it boots to their animation, but instead of quickly flashing to a black screen, it stays on the logo of the mtk6575 ROM, as if its boy to move on.

Therefore, I've come to believed that the device isn't a mtk6582, but a mtk6575.

Given that all the mtk6582 ROMs didn't make it to the bootanimation, or even reach that far in the boot process, I believe its possible that the device I'm using is a mtk6575 android device.

What at your thoughts?

(I obviously didn't use cpu-z, but just kinda summed this up in my head. And lookin at the board of device, everything was blocked etc..)