Rooting BLU C5L w/ Oreo 8.1.0

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I know this'll sound stupid, but how does one root a BLU C5L? I've tried KingRoot (3x's) and KingOroot and now checking out SDK? SDK don't show "root"?????? But, I may have to re-apply that app?? Anyways, I cannot get this phone to do anything I want...i.e. root, re-flash O.S. Is there anyone here that can help me with this P.O.S.? Thanx

Rick

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
RE: B. Diddy

Thanx for replying. Uhmmm....this is a bit tricky. Anything (so far) I've tried just doesn't work. I think I need to emphasize this is a 2019. And it's running Oreo 8.10 GO edition. What I want to do; 1. root 2. unlock bootloader 3. re-flash Oreo 8.1.0 GO edition. IF I can either root or unlock bootloader, then, I believe, I'll be able to re-flash. I can't believe as "simple" as this phone is, I'm having such a time getting it rooted or unlocking the bootloader. BTW, I'm finding such an array of O.S.'s for this particular model. I was warned it MUST be Oreo 8.10.GO for this particular phone(?) was told upgrades or "custom" ROMs do not work well on this phone(??) I'm going to get another phone, but for now, I'd like to get this one back operating properly. The link you provided is for a 2020. Haven't tried it because I don't know/doubt if it'll work. I have Magisk D/led to this phone, but having problems getting it do anything positive. There are a number of "issues" making me think it needs re-flashed. And, there are some other operating maladies. Here's are the specs; 2019 BLU C5L/Oreo 8.1.0 GO edition; CPU-Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53; GPU Mali-400. It HAS 8 gb of storage, but only shows 5.38gb when I check the "storage" and it's NOT minus the O.S.....that's what it shows as "total" storage. Missing/unavailable 2.78 Gb.(???) Tell ya, this has me baffled. Appreciate your reply.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't have any real experience with Magisk (or rooting, for that matter), so I won't be able to help much more. I checked the forums at XDA-Developers.com (which is usually a good resource for this kind of thing), and couldn't find anything for that specific phone. Hopefully someone else can weigh in!

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently went to BLU support....what a waste of effort. So, back to square one. My wish (as that's all it is now) is to re-flash, root, unlock bootloader of this C5L (spec listed in earlier post). I would like to find a tutorial or website dedicated specifically to this model. For whatever reasons, I've tried multiple programs, how-to's and "instructions" for this phone...none of which has succeeded. I'm, also, baffled as to exactly which ROM is for this particular model. Anyone with knowledge/experience for this exact model, I'd love to hear from you. This is no disrespect to those who've replied. It's just whatever goes on with this particular model is baffling and now, well, I'm wondering just what the hell this phone is? To all who have and to all those who may reply...My Many Thanks!!