[NEW APP] DrawExpress ? Gesture Recognition Diagram App

pd_drawexpress

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for early adopters who interested in using something totally different. This is a new diagram app for power user who likes to draw ideas, concepts, and designs fast. The interface is simple and responsive however almost every drawing feature is gesture recognition based. I didn?t build much tutorial for it yet so it may be a bit tricky to start. Please watch the youtube video or check my website. I would love to get any kind of feedbacks on making this better.

Youtube - DrawExpress Uncut - YouTube
Website ? DrawExpress

DrawExpress Diagram Lite ? Google Play
DrawExpress Diagram Full ? Google Play

Some helpful starting tips:

? To Pan the surface, you use two fingers and maintain the same spacing between them. Using the thumb and the index finger seems to be the easiest for me.
? When selecting a shape or a group of shapes, you can delete it by drawing ?x? or copy it by drawing ?+?. You can draw anywhere on the canvas but don?t draw it bigger than 1/3 of the screen.
? You are likely to draw unwanted lines or unrecognized shapes in red strokes. Simply touch the surface with two fingers will clear those lines. However, you should ignore it and continue to draw over it with a successful shape or action and these unwanted lines will automatically go away. Do NOT Use the ?undo button? for these red strokes.
? When drawing connectors, you should try to start in the middle of the first shape and end your connector stroke within the middle of the second shape. Any point within the shape is still ok.
? You can select a boundary box by touching its border only. Likewise, you can double tap on the border for labeling.
? Check out our website tutorial slides for other drawing gestures

Some Sample Screenshots:

Attachments

• feature.png
    feature.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenshotNetworkDiagram.png
    ScreenshotNetworkDiagram.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenshotClassDiagram.png
    ScreenshotClassDiagram.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenshotSequenceDiagram.png
    ScreenshotSequenceDiagram.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

psiwar

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, you have an amazing app. Just watching your video I can already feel the joy of capturing and developing ideas. I have been looking for a diagraming app like yours for 3 years and I got so excited the moment I saw your video 3 days ago.
One question: Can you let more countries be able to download your app? It is currently unavailable on my country and I'm really hopping for a way to enjoy your app and provide feedback.
I'll be happy to hear your answer. Thanks in advance =)

pd_drawexpress

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi psiwar,

Currently, we only be able to support language with ISO/IEC 8859-1 properly. Could you tell me what country and the official language you are from? We will definely open more in the future as we improve the localization of the software.

psiwar

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your quick response. I'm living in Peru right now. The official language is Spanish. If you know a way to change my account or settings to be able to download your app I will be really pleased. I'll be glad to pay many times more what you ask in the PlayStore to be able to enjoy your app and support your obvious passion to make things amazing.

pd_drawexpress

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi psiwar, getting inputs from early adopter like yourself is the most important for us right now. We'll considered opening up for Peru since Spanish is within our supported ISO. Although, we may not have a translated version yet. Please send me an email to support@drawexpress.com. I'll let you know as soon as we are ready for your location.

pd_drawexpress

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi psiwar, we like to have you trying out our software. Seems like spanish is part of ISO/IEC 8859-1 so we may enable it without the translation for Peru. I'll update this post when it's ready.

Update: I just added Peru to our distribution list. It will take a few hours before you can see it.

Last edited:

TruthX

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
After watching the youtube video, i found this really easy to use, and it works very nicely too.
However switching from Landscape to portrait sometime cuts off part of the diagram. is there anyway where you can stretch a diagram to more than one screen?

pd_drawexpress

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi TruthX,

You should be able to PAN around using two fingers. I found using the thumb and index finger the easiest for me. Likewise you can pinch to zoom. Right now the max drawing canvas is actually 6144 x 6144 pixels. However, you can only export to PNG as2048x2048 pixels for now. We'll make the canvas bigger in the future.

pd_drawexpress

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Arifazad, you can ZOOM and PAN around the canvas with two fingers. I hope I got your question correctly.

After watching the youtube video, i begin this absolutely simple to use, and it works actual accurately too.

However switching from Landscape to account ancient cuts off allotment of the diagram. is there anyhow area you can amplitude a diagram to added than one screen?