Fix Dead Pixels

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The program really helps. The previous version gained more than 600 000 installations in the rating 4.2
GP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zoox.deadpixelfix

It might help with burn-in, off-color display, and things that can be fixed with image cycling, but dead pixels are hardware being damaged. There's no app that can just 'fix' a dead pixel. It doesn't work like that, just like there's no app to fix a burnt-out light bulb. Just making sure people understand that and don't go into this thinking it's a magic app that will keep them from replacing a damaged panel.

ZooxSoft

May 3, 2016
Visit site
It might help with burn-in, off-color display, and things that can be fixed with image cycling, but dead pixels are hardware being damaged. There's no app that can just 'fix' a dead pixel. It doesn't work like that, just like there's no app to fix a burnt-out light bulb. Just making sure people understand that and don't go into this thinking it's a magic app that will keep them from replacing a damaged panel.

A broken pixel is a vast concept. If the transistor is burned - it can not be repaired. If the pixel is "stuck" in black - the program will cure it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A broken pixel is a vast concept. If the transistor is burned - it can not be repaired. If the pixel is "stuck" in black - the program will cure it.
Sorry but that is not a DEAD pixel. And the app's title is misleading, even if it's description does state that it, in fact, does not fix actual DEAD pixels.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No one user can determine if the pixel is dead if it does not try to cure it.

Look, I'm not saying the app doesn't help, all I'm saying is the title implies it FIXES DEAD PIXELS (like, literally, that's the app title), and it doesn't. Description does state that, but not the title. All I'm trying to do here is make sure anyone who's reading this doesn't download the app thinking that it will fix the pixels from when they spilled soda on their screens or sat on top of their phone. That's all.

Will it help possibly diagnose truly-dead pixels? Yup. Heck, it might even help people with burn-in and fix those! But will it fix dead ones LIKE THE TITLE IMPLIES??!! Nope.

ZooxSoft

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Look, I'm not saying the app doesn't help, all I'm saying is the title implies it FIXES DEAD PIXELS (like, literally, that's the app title), and it doesn't. Description does state that, but not the title. All I'm trying to do here is make sure anyone who's reading this doesn't download the app thinking that it will fix the pixels from when they spilled soda on their screens or sat on top of their phone. That's all.

Will it help possibly diagnose truly-dead pixels? Yup. Heck, it might even help people with burn-in and fix those! But will it fix dead ones LIKE THE TITLE IMPLIES??!! Nope.

Yes, but if the user can not pinpoint the dead pixel, then why should I change the title? If I write a "Fix Stuck Pixels", then many will not understand what are talking about and will not download the application

ZooxSoft

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I didn't try the app because my screen is fine, that's what the reviews say (bunch of one-star reviews, almost all with the same complaint: too many or too aggressive ads).

this is an old program but the topic is talking about a new one.
According to the old version - yes, there was a bug with advertising but I fixed everything