Podcast app that lets me choose exact storage location.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I tried the PodBean App. It lets me choose between internal storage and SD, but the actual location of these two is not configurable.

So if I choose internal, there's a path where it has to store the podcasts.

Is there a different podcast app where I can specify exactly where downloads go? I want to specify the downloads folder in internal storage, for example.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this because you want to manipulate the podcast files that the app downloads? Is the current download directory inaccessible to the user?

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious as to what the purpose of that would be? Don't you listen to them in the app anyways?

Is this because you want to manipulate the podcast files that the app downloads? Is the current download directory inaccessible to the user?

Part of the reason for wanting an easier directory as to where the downloads go, is so I can easily see all podcasts from different shows, in one place.

Part of it is that I'm not sure I like the app player as much, there's an ad which covers part of the player's interface. Previously when I had manually downloaded each episode, I would use VLC player. I might like using VLC player more.

So I'm thinking I might use the app just as a way to auto download episodes, but might want to use a different player.

Right now, it's in Android/data/com.podbean.app.podcast/media_files

There, it makes a folder for each show, with a folder name like "dir242329". Then the file name is "dir333665546.mp3"

I just want to save things in a folder like Downloads, and also have it save in a readable name. So then if I want to use another player, it's easier to find and do so.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
But why download and take up storage when you can stream anything you want on demand? If you want to download them then since you know the location you might have to do it all manually. Download it, change name, and move where you want. Seems like a lot to have to do, but that's already my thinking with you downloading vs streaming lol. Something to think about too is you can take just the audio of any YouTube video and save it as an audio file. Wouldn't be auto downloading but I think it would be easier.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
But why download and take up storage when you can stream anything you want on demand? If you want to download them then since you know the location you might have to do it all manually. Download it, change name, and move where you want. Seems like a lot to have to do, but that's already my thinking with you downloading vs streaming lol. Something to think about too is you can take just the audio of any YouTube video and save it as an audio file. Wouldn't be auto downloading but I think it would be easier.

So I can listen to it when I don't have an internet connection. I also don't have a large data plan, so this would also let me listen when I'm not on wi fi.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Fair enough. Your best bet is to edit the name of the mp3 files then move where you want. It wouldn't be that bad doing that. You can only do so many anyways at a time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But is there a specific reason you want to change the download path? If you just want to listen to the podcasts offline, does Podbean play the downloaded podcast even when you don't have a connection?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana