app creation question.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an idea for an app but I've never created one or even know if what I want is possible with app inventor.

It's pretty simple. I want to make an app that allows me to post an image to a site, similar to twitter or facebook but its not a commonly used site. there are other apps for this site but they are all for browsing and commenting images that have been posted already. I have yet to see an app that allows you to upload via the phone itself.

how would i do this? I have graphic design ability and have some basic knowledge from Blackberry Theme building but have never built an app.

I know this site has released an APK but i dont even know what that is.

:confused:

qasimvalent

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay first of all, an APK is android native app extension, all apps developed are in APK format,

So maybe you ment API? in short and easy terms, if a website provides an API for their site, you can develop with ease.

To develop an app on android?
App inventor is handy.. but developing via an IDE is much better imo

Check out the basics of Java first,
then move onto an android tutorial book and take it form there.

For your case, you will need to develop an app which connects with a sites API to send and recieve information.

so start by learning to program Java, and move onto specifically android and then finally learn how to use their API.

Good luck.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea I meant api. And the api for the function I want isn't available. Sounds pretty involved so maybe ill start out with something more basic.

Thanks for the reply.

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699