Get your very own Android Central widget here!

midwestfx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
This is freakin' awesome! I check other sites each day, but Android Central always has the most up to date and reliable info. Thanks Phil and Co!

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Install Log Collector (free) from the market.
Set Log Collector up to mail jerry.hildenbrand@androidcentral.com when you run it.
Next time it force closes, run Log Collector. I'll get the error log, and make sure to forward it to Phil and Jeremy so they can get it to the programmer.

It seems that it was happening on restart. I sent the log collector, and when I went to look at the widget again it was back to normal. So idk what is going on, maybe I need to take a breath before getting excited.

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Phil. For a 47 year old uber geek that's had about every kind of smartphone ever offered, this OS is incredible. Being a long time user of Treo Central, this place feels like home.

I hope you guys have great success!

bbfunnyman

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yea, for people like me who had no idea how to download this here is some help:

AC Bar Code Instructions:
http://www.androidcentral.com/using-android-and-qr-codes

I personally used "Google Goggles" because I already had it on my phone, but I could not figure out how to get it to work from the phone's browser (Incredible); I took a picture of it on my computer screen in Goggles

Anybody know if another bar-code scanner works in the internet browser on the phone?

MikeJones

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. When I first downloaded it to my Incredible the stories come up, but then they never updated, so I took the widget off & then tried to put it back on & now it just gives me the white screen saying loading...

Is there a fix for this? I love AC & would love to be able to keet up just at a glance :)

I'm on incredible also all I get white screen and if look close it says loading. So I removed for now.

midwestfx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
MikeJones mine is doing the same thing. It worked for like the first 3 days I had it, now it just shows a white screen and "Loading" in an off-white font. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and restarting the phone, still nothing doin'. I'm hoping that Phil and the gang can get this fixed too.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. When I first downloaded it to my Incredible the stories come up, but then they never updated, so I took the widget off & then tried to put it back on & now it just gives me the white screen saying loading...

Is there a fix for this? I love AC & would love to be able to keet up just at a glance :)

MikeJones mine is doing the same thing. It worked for like the first 3 days I had it, now it just shows a white screen and "Loading" in an off-white font. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and restarting the phone, still nothing doin'. I'm hoping that Phil and the gang can get this fixed too.

this must be a problem with the incredible, as I am having the same problem. I sent a log to the email that was provided earlier in the thread. I jsut hope that it helps. Mine was working for several days, and I miss having it.

Jerry.hildenbrand@androidcentral is the where I sent the log to today. If others are having trouble send a log to the same place.... I used log collector from market place.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here on here on an incredible. Yesterday when i turned the phone on it said something about not responding and did a force close. Removing the widget and readding would solve that issue but today like the rest I have the "white loading" screen.

Also the spacing between headlines needs to be tweaked, sometimes the bottom headline text goes beyond the boarder of the widget.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a screen shot of what this widget looks like? I am patiently awaiting my first Android device by surfing the net for anything Android related. LOL

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Bump: Just pushed a new version to help with the force closes on connection errors. We're working on more new features and a few more fixes, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa