I can't find the app in the marketplace, does anyone know what happened to it?? I just got an update for it the other day!!
    10-26-2011 09:14 PM
    Strange. It's definitely not in there. It doesn't show up in the list when I go to My Apps in the market either. Better back up our apk's with Astro or Titanium Backup if rooted.
    10-27-2011 03:48 AM
    Their website says there's a conflict with Google and the market that they are getting resolved. Should be back soon.

They have the apk available for download off their site.
    SAENZ_SCENE likes this.
    10-28-2011 01:43 AM
    Cool thanks I was wondering the same thing.
    10-28-2011 02:20 AM
    For those of that you have Handcent, anyone having problems where its acting really slow and laggy? This just started to happen and I'm getting some FCs. Probably my phone, but I thought I'd ask the collective.
    10-28-2011 01:52 PM
    I'm not getting any force closures but from time to time it takes a bit to bring up my messages when I select handcent. I'm using a text widget from apw so Idk if that has anything to do with it. I would say maybe once a couple days it happens.
    10-28-2011 02:49 PM
    It's strange, it take about 2-3 secs for the message list to pop up after opening the app. Yesterday, it was almost instantaneous. I tried clearing caches, deleting some messages, etc. It's working a bit better now with no FCs, but it's still slow. Maybe I will try uninstalling it, but now I'm worries since it's hard to find on Market.
    10-28-2011 03:33 PM
    but now I'm worries since it's hard to find on Market.
    It's not hard to find, you can't find it at all period

No problem here everything still good and fast
    10-28-2011 05:13 PM
    Mine still works great, too.
    10-28-2011 10:48 PM
    Mine still works great, too.
    Mine is still laggy. I guess reinstall in the answer

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    10-29-2011 08:43 AM
    I got a new phone and found that handcent wasn't on the market when I went to install it. So, I'm giving GOSMS pro a shot now.

I was having some lag issues with handcent anyways. I'm liking GO a lot so far.
    10-29-2011 09:52 AM
    It's been very laggy on my OG Droid for a long time and often brings up the "close or wait" dialog.
    The Nexus should solve my problems.
    10-29-2011 09:59 AM
    The Nexus should solve my problems.
    I Doubt it. That's what I thought when I upgraded from Moment to Nexus S 4G. Handcent still runs crappy.

Switched to GoSMS & its much more stable.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using TapaTalk. Kay pof
    10-29-2011 01:38 PM
    Strange. It wasn't slow when I started with it.
    10-29-2011 01:54 PM
    I was having the same issues with it being slow, but a bigger issue with it not wanting to send videos and taking a long time to send the ones it did. Well, I switched over to goSMSpro, and Its even worse on my phone (atrix). Texts take up to 10 mins to get where there going, they dont send about 30% of the time, and it takes forever for them to send when they do. Well, I made the mistake when I installed goSMS, I accidentally UNINSTALLED handcent. Not sure if it was the few beers I had, or the conversation I was in while I did it, but its done and now Im in texting HELL!!!!!!! Because its not on the market anymore, and I dont know how to install it from their website. I knew I shouldve taken that computer class in high school...lol. Anyone have any ideas?? This goSMS has got to go, like yesterday!! HELP!
    11-07-2011 10:28 PM
    Just download the apk from their website. Transfer it to phone and using a file manager navigate to where you have the file, click on it to install. You could also use to phone's browser to download straight to you're phone
    airtime likes this.
    11-07-2011 11:36 PM
    ok, I'll give it a shot...I've got a knack for screwing things up, but that sounded pretty straight fwd. Thanks
    11-07-2011 11:49 PM
    HEY!!!! I did it, it works, fricken awesome!!! Thanks BBfanz, I thought it was alot more complicated than that. Really appreciate it! No more Texting hell!!
    11-08-2011 12:34 AM
    Handcent appears to be back on the Market.
    11-08-2011 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD