Juice defender; A good or bad application for your device?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Juice defender application on your device; Good or Bad? To each according to their need...but for me, I had to remove/uninstall this app from my phone (Htc Evo 3d). I noticed since installing juice defender most of my data usage applications wasn't operating as they did before...Example: Pandora radio(stops every other song searching for coverage), Gmail and Yahoo emails would arrive 2hrs after being sent(they took longer than the occasional 15 to 20min., plus a few other applications that didn't seem to be working as they normally did before. Whoever getting better battery consumption and greater overall performance since installing this app _ Kudos to you. Juice defender may be a good app, but it doesn't seem to work well with my phone.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Juice defender, is for people who don't know anything about managing their apps.

Personally, it's time has passed, along with task manager, rom manager.

Learn how to operate your device.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Used it in the past but more hassle than benefit so uninstalled it and am happy with by battery life (Nexus S 4G + Cyanogen).

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying the beta one now since the ultimate one is on sale on amazon right now, but I'm also rooted and on great rom that has toggles for GPS and wifi. and I use watchdog to kill apps that refuse to close after I exit them (words with friends, hanging with friends, drumblr, myfitnesspal sometimes), so I probably don't really need it.

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I am also using JD Beta, and I am actually wondering if it does anything....Its been telling me 1.77x-2.22x, and that range seems awfully high

Strafe

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I am also using JD Beta, and I am actually wondering if it does anything....Its been telling me 1.77x-2.22x, and that range seems awfully high
Juice Defender worked great on my stock Epic ROM, but then I rooted, and flashed to SFR 1.2 with Genocide 2.0 kernel and haven't needed JD since. However, I have friends that do not care to root/flash and they report good results with JD.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member