Facebook Update in Market Now!

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I think I understand what their idea of push notifications is. When I open the app up, the notification button already shows if I've received comments or likes. It seems to be getting it in the app, we just don't get something in the Android notification bar.

And that is the whole premise behind Push Notifications. So you don't have to open an app to see if someone commented/posted on your wall, liked something, etc. You are supposed to get an instant (or close to) notification on your phone (whether a vibrate, sound, whatever) when there is something new there. That is what is not working.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
And that is the whole premise behind Push Notifications. So you don't have to open an app to see if someone commented/posted on your wall, liked something, etc. You are supposed to get an instant (or close to) notification on your phone (whether a vibrate, sound, whatever) when there is something new there. That is what is not working.

Yes, I know, that's why I said "their idea of push notification" The whole thing is ridiculous.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I only have a few friends. So I haven't gotten to test it on many things yet, but it tells me when my friends comment on my posts. That's about all that's happened so far. >.>

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I only have a few friends. So I haven't gotten to test it on many things yet, but it tells me when my friends comment on my posts. That's about all that's happened so far. >.>

What tells you? Do you get a notification in the android notification bar? Or are you saying you get a notification in the app?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
No, although with the Facebook app in the past it's true you couldn't even count on accurate notifications in the app. :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty