Really love this keyboard but why on earth is there no voice input button... really a deal breaker.

Does anyone know if the developer is going to add this in future update or if there is a way around thing. The workaround ideally should be super easy, I know you can hold to switch keyboards but voice search is used in the car and that is not easy to do there.
    06-08-2010 02:36 PM
    Really, I was wondering the exact same thing.

1) The voice recognition input key/button is missing (why not replace the world icon with it?)
    2) The number keypad is upside-down and has no option to make it right
    06-15-2010 09:46 PM
    You might be aware, but you can access voice input when the keyboard is open by hitting menu, speak.

Not as convenient, but available.

06-15-2010 09:53 PM

I tested this in a couple different apps and was not able to get the menu-->speak which you speak of. That would be great if it showed up however.

Also, back in my WM days I had every hardware button programmed to do something (hold, double tap etc.) is there a way to program one of the hardware buttons to proc the voice input?
    06-17-2010 07:28 AM
    I do see it under menu when using it with certain apps. Others don't seem to have it, I guess it depends if the original app has that function. Keith, I don't think what you are seeing is is the Sype keyboard itself offering that but the app itself.

They really should add this to the keyboard, at least under the SYM section or something.
    06-17-2010 04:16 PM
    I stand corrected - It does seem to be a function of the app, rather than the keyboard. I only use the mic in Handcent, which does provide it.

Even if it were there for every app, I would probably prefer it on the keyboard itself as well.

06-17-2010 08:40 PM
    I read that the new Droid 2 has a hardware button that makes the voice to text dialog come up, why cant someone make an app that does the same thing. Triple tap volume down button to make it come up etc., this is the kind of stuff that was pretty easy to do on WM>
    06-18-2010 04:16 PM