I need Telenav? where is it for Droid?

Soulsharter

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I had teleav for my blackberry Storm, now i have the Droid and i still pay for Telenav and i liked their service.. where is the app for Motorola Droid?

tsailor1

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want to pay for a different service that is a major part of your current phone and its free? You have a money tree out back or something!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't have to be pretty as long as it gets the job done. Plus it will cache your route in case you lose data service.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
To me, telenav looks like a phones nav, google nave looks like what you'd find on any good PNA. I admit the voice isn't as good, but its not that bad. There some pretty neet things you get with google nave that you don't with telenav!!!!

ScottsdaleHokie#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Why would Telenav waste their time and resources to make a version for Android that will just compete directly with the free version from Google?

Good luck on ever seeing it.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why would Telenav waste their time and resources to make a version for Android that will just compete directly with the free version from Google?

I was going to say the same thing. I imagine there's a large portion of droid owners who will be very happy with Google Maps Navigation, or at least happy enough that they won't spend $10 per month on Telenav. This really cuts down on Telenav's incentive to release an Android version.

ddarvish#IM

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
did the OP really think before he made this post? i mean seriously why would u pay for something that comes for free on your phone? just because of a voice? u must be either WAYYYY too rich or a lame ass cry baby

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
did the OP really think before he made this post? i mean seriously why would u pay for something that comes for free on your phone? just because of a voice? u must be either WAYYYY too rich or a lame ass cry baby

Very helpful. :rolleyes:

I've used Telenav, Garmin Mobile, Viamoto and others. Despite its clunky interface, I preferred Viamoto hands down over the others because of the clearly spoken, accurate guidance it provided while I was driving. I would have paid for Viamoto even if the others were free. Apparently I was in the minority, because Telenav and Garmin Mobile are still available, and Viamoto was discontinued.

I think in this case the OP is also in the minority. While I don't personally see the attraction of Telenav when compared to Google Maps Navigation, I can understand the OP's position.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

Way to be friendly and helpfull. Everyone is entitled to their opinion aren't they......

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
maybe you should email them asking if they have plans to port the app over?

Don't get your hopes up.....I bet it'll be atleast a year if they even do a android version at all! Not that big of a deal though.....kinda makes you get used to a GREAT navigation now! ;)

Telenav has a version for Android devices. Sprint Nav is Telenav with Sprint branding, and every Hero or Moment ships with it installed.

rsbenedict

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I was going to say the same thing. Plus there are other nav programs out for Android. Perhaps because you're on version 2, they aren't compatible yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non