An app to to map GPS coordinates.

agolz12

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps that let you enter in GPS coordinates and the see them on a map? It would be nice if you could see your current location on a map too. Thanks

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found in google maps where it shows you your coordinates at your current location. Is there somewhere in settings?

Land Master

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I use GPS Status - it's a great little free app.

I use this as well. Great app but unless I missed something it doesn't have a "mapping" feature?

I concur that either Google Maps or Google Earth should offer what the OP is wanting. Just need to figure out how to enter those coord's and insure that you are using the proper format for Lat & Long.

Steve66

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I use this as well. Great app but unless I missed something it doesn't have a "mapping" feature?

I concur that either Google Maps or Google Earth should offer what the OP is wanting. Just need to figure out how to enter those coord's and insure that you are using the proper format for Lat & Long.

Ah...my mistake. I missed that part of the original question. Google uses decimal format, which you can easily enter into a google map search. Google has an article on how to enter coordinates. That page also has some links to helpful sites to convert degrees minutes seconds format into decimal format.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Google Maps will certainly meet the OP's request.

For example, searching with either of these formats in Google Maps will take you to the St. Louis Arch:
38? 37′ 31″ N, 90? 11′ 0″ W
38.625278, -90.183333

Decimal is obviously a bit easier to enter.

Last edited:

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that will let you map multiple GPS coordinates at a time so you could plan out a route? I work on the heating and cooling units for Verizon in Iowa and it would be near to be able to insert all the GPS coordinates of the sites into a map that will let me see then all at once and then plan a route

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Try c:geo app. Normally used for GPS Caching. You can put in coordinates and it will map them. You might be able to plot several coordinates. Not sure. You'll need to read the Dev's FAQ.

Charles Moore3

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
but how do you get the gps longitude and latitude of your current location on the android in google maps ?

^ttt because I also have the same question when using Google Maps on a Droid RAZR HD. I've searched and haven't found an answer yet, besides installing a separate App. Seems this feature should be available in Google maps since you can input the coordinates in the Search box and it will show the location of those coordinates, there should also be a way to display the coordinates of your current location. How?

Paulo Santos

May 24, 2013
Visit site
HI All! I am new to this forum and to Android! Just got a galaxy note 10.1, and i was hoping that the google earth android app has the same features that he has in the pc, like the ruler app and other... Sadly it hasn't, i find GE for android with a lack of essential features, so i am trying something similar... but no sucess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11