Favorite music player?

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
sooo what's your favorite music player? doubletwist, maybe it's meridian, stock perhaps?, the cubed music, player mixzing, or one of a million others. what's your fav and why

widgets count too

Last edited:

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I like subsonic because it streams my music.... though the player lacks basic functionality, like shuffle.

If anyone could give me any insight on something that will allow me to stream video/audio from a standard sftp/ftp/smb or any other standard server, that'd be nice.

applejosh

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist didn't see all my music. I've just started using MixZing with good results (as far as finding my music and playing it), but I haven't really pushed it. Was going to try bTunes, but after reading some of the reviews about the developer being MIA, I went with MixZing. Looked briefly at 'cubed' but didn't get as far as installing it.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
just use stock, as i dont use my phone for music playback all that much (well, my music anyway; i do stream pandora and sirius often). though now that i ditched the ipod, i probably will need to find a better alternative than the stock player

DroBoy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use doubletwist find it better than stock, cant wait for the upgrades their going add a widget and where the songs can pick up the cover art, should be pretty cool..

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Cubed, easy. Love the UI. Love the lock screen controls. And it's just fun to see that cube spin when you put your whole library on shuffle. As for managing playlists? Meh... Astro can do that for me.

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using Mixzing, just upgraded to the full version last night. Has a ton of nice features, 3 different widgets, downloads missing album art and an excellent lockscreen interface which is great when u are at the gym.

aditya

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Default player has a very non-intuitive UI. Tried mixzing, liked the ipod like interface, but hate that it creates a playlist each time you play a song. Doubletwist was good UI, but didn't pick up all my songs for some reason. Right now I am using cubed which seems to solve some of the problems in the other players. Also Realplayer beta looks promising and intuitive UI wise, but the app for some reason doesn't show up as something I can add to my home screen, and it lacks a widget so far. (have an Evo if that matters)...basically none of them is a perfect solution yet.

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the free version of Mixzing. Downloaded all my missing Album Art which I LOVED and it's a nice clean interface. Also a nice little widget for it as well.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I stumbled across Zimly about a week ago, I think the UI is by far the best of any of them but that's just my opinion. I like the overall peformance of it and so far it seems to catch every song I have and work pretty great. I also used Mixzing which is reall good too.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks I will take a look at a few of these. I wanted a better music player. Also I dont like that the stock player doesnt close. Which one has the best widget? Im not really into a media player that takes the whole screen up.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been using bTunes and like it, but will check out these others. AFAIK bTunes doesn't have any lockscreen functionality, so as soon as my armband for running/gym gets here, it'll be more of a pain.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been using bTunes and like it, but will check out these others. AFAIK bTunes doesn't have any lockscreen functionality, so as soon as my armband for running/gym gets here, it'll be more of a pain.

...Uhh, really? bTunes has no lockscreen functionality?? You sure you're looking at the right player?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
...Uhh, really? bTunes has no lockscreen functionality?? You sure you're looking at the right player?

Yes, but I probably missed it if it's there (haven't really needed it, but don't remember seeing it).

EDIT: Apparently it is there....just never used it since I've only used the player in the car during which the screen doesn't lock. Don't mind me and my ignorance of my installed apps.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez