Swype Tips

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Swype may be the single best thing about getting my EVO. Before getting the phone and Swype I would text about once or twice a week. Now I send as much as 20 texts per day plus answering email and posting to forums like I am now.

By the way, here is another tip:

To make an entire word upper case swype from the first letter up above the keyboard and do a loop before doing the rest of the word.

LIKE THIS!

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Or you can hit the up arrow to capitalize and when the key changes colors and the arrow stays the color of the keypad.

**Meaning how to cap all the word**

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem double tapping on a word to bring up the word correction menu? It doesn't work for me, i have to tap a word then the swype key to bring it up..

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If you get the choice of words to choose from after typing a word, you do not have to choose it if it's the first choice. If you continue on it will use the first choice.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this has been mentioned i didn't read the whole thread just the 1st post.
Long pressing backspace deletes words, if you just want to delete one word shift changes delete to a one word delete like in the nav panel.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this has been mentioned i didn't read the whole thread just the 1st post.
Long pressing backspace deletes words, if you just want to delete one word shift changes delete to a one word delete like in the nav panel.

Thanks! That's super handy when you mess up and get the wrong word.

willsurg#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
awww nuts!

I just realized I cant find the voice input button onthe swype keyboard. does this mean its not available and we have to pick either having swype or having the ability to do voice input on occasion? somebody tell me it aint so!

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just realized I cant find the voice input button onthe swype keyboard. does this mean its not available and we have to pick either having swype or having the ability to do voice input on occasion? somebody tell me it aint so!

You're right, in the beta there is no voice input button. If you use that, you might want to give the Swype beta team feedback. If you only use it on occasion, you don't have to give up Swype, you can switch keyboards at any time.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am not able to get the double tap option to work either.

Yeah me neither as I thought it was just me that was having that problem, but am glad to see others are experiencing the same. I checked in options but everything is turned on so maybe it is a bug...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana