Music Player (Remix)

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Multi-window support for Samsung Galaxy devices coming in a release today. Also includes a bunch of Lollipop bug fixes. Nice to finally have a Lollipop device (Galaxy S6!!!) to test on.

remix_multiwindow.jpg

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.6.3 has been published and should appear soon.

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Add Multi-Window support on Samsung Galaxy devices with Multi-Window.

- (Bug Fix) Previous and Next buttons were not available on Android Wear when running on a Lollipop phone/tablet.

- (Bug Fix) The mini-player was semi-transparent on some devices (ex. Galaxy S6).

- (Bug Fix) Notification text and controls were not dark enough on Lollipop devices.

- (Bug Fix) YouTube inline video search was not working on Lollipop devices.

New permission: For Multi-Window support

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.6.4 has been published and should appear soon. I improved the appearance of the 4x1 widget. I just bought a Galaxy S6 and the look of the 4x1 widget was driving me nuts. It's much better now.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.6.5 has been published and should appear soon. It contains some Android Wear enhancements and a true shuffle function (no repeating songs).

Here's the full changelog:

- (Enhancement) When selecting 'Shuffle All' or any other shuffle function, the generated list will be truly random (no repeated songs).

- (Enhancement) Add new 'Search [search term]' feature to the Android Wear app. Any songs containing the search term will start playing.

- (Bug Fix) Voice searches from Android Wear on artists/songs with words that were not capitalized would not work.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.6.6 has been released and should be available for download soon.

Changelog:
- (Bug Fix) Album art downloading was not working due to a change in the album art search service.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Released 1.6.7. Version 1.6.6 had a bug where if the album art search produced zero results, the app would crash.

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Great app, but wondering about voice commanding , especially in the car. Don't have a fancy stereo. Just getting into using Google's voice search (ok google now), and notice that I can not get it to play music if I force Google to use MPR for music search. It opens the app, but then fails to find the song (if I specified a song), or just opens the artist in the app (if I only specify the artist), but does not play music. Is this supposed to work on KITkat or am I forced to use third party apps like tasker and commandr to get voice music play to work on this app?

Sent from my XT1060 Moto X DE

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Great app, but wondering about voice commanding , especially in the car. Don't have a fancy stereo. Just getting into using Google's voice search (ok google now), and notice that I can not get it to play music if I force Google to use MPR for music search. It opens the app, but then fails to find the song (if I specified a song), or just opens the artist in the app (if I only specify the artist), but does not play music. Is this supposed to work on KITkat or am I forced to use third party apps like tasker and commandr to get voice music play to work on this app?

Right now, Google Now voice searches just feed their results into MPR's Search screen, so the app won't auto-play results. However I have built extensive voice search capabilities into the app's Android Wear companion app.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Right now, Google Now voice searches just feed their results into MPR's Search screen, so the app won't auto-play results. However I have built extensive voice search capabilities into the app's Android Wear companion app.

Thanks for quick response. Is it possible to get this to work without purchasing 3rd party apps or wearables (I'm not a watch person). If so, is it planned for the future?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for quick response. Is it possible to get this to work without purchasing 3rd party apps or wearables (I'm not a watch person). If so, is it planned for the future?

Yes, I'm sure it's possible. I can investigate it.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.6.8 has been submitted and should be available soon. It has support for Google Now ("OK Google") voice search queries. Specifically you can query the following:

play <Artist>
play <Artist> <Album>
play <Artist> <Song>

(NOTE: The first time you perform a search, you may need to type it into Google Now and then manually assign Remix (via its icon) as the default handler for the search).

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Version 1.6.8 has been submitted and should be available soon. It has support for Google Now ("OK Google") voice search queries. Specifically you can query the following:

play <Artist>
play <Artist> <Album>
play <Artist> <Song>

(NOTE: The first time you perform a search, you may need to type it into Google Now and then manually assign Remix (via its icon) as the default handler for the search).
Wow that is terrific! Unbelievable support. BTW, I've loved this app since webOS. Thanks man.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow that is terrific! Unbelievable support. BTW, I've loved this app since webOS. Thanks man.

That was a good idea. While I've been happy using the Android Wear voice searching, I'm going to find the Google Now searches very handy while riding my bike. I have a phone mount on my bike, and I keep the display on, so I'll just be able to say "OK Google...play whatever" and it'll work.

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
How if you have your phone on all the time on your bike, how long dose your battery least?
Or do you have a chager via the dynmo?

HaPe

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
How if you have your phone on all the time on your bike, how long dose your battery least?
Or do you have a chager via the dynmo?

HaPe

Running the phone with max brightness, screen forced on, and GPS tracking (via MapMyRide app) does drain the battery. But my bike rides are less than 1 1/2 hours, so it's still plenty of time before the battery would run out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa