Reminder app that predicts traffic? (Droid Razr ad)

laddiebuck

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just saw a Droid Razr ad on youtube that showed off an app that warned the user they needed to leave 45 minutes early for an appointment because of traffic delays. I'm not aware of any stock feature in ICS (which is what I have) that offers that -- is it a Motorola-only thing, or is there something similar available on the market, or is it in Jellybean? I think it would be pretty cool to have.

Thanks!

the11thwarrior

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think that is something to do with Google Now and maybe the "Smart Actions" if you have that feature on your phone. I am new to the Google Now and Smart Actions features (I only activated them on my new phone about 3 months ago. But I hear that if you allow Google Now to have full access to your info it can start learning your patterns and even predict things, like traffic, and then warn you ahead of time about it. For example, if you go to work Monday - Friday and leave at 8am and if you travel the same route to work every day. Google Now will eventually learn your pattern and let you know of the traffic conditions that await you before you leave for work. I guess it is comparable to Apple's Siri. I have never owned an Iphone but that is what I hear. So yeah, if you have Google Now allow it to have full access to your phone and it might eventually start learning your patterns and predict stuff for you.