Devs - Google Developer Support Needs an Overhaul

simplyapplied

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Android Police is currently having a discussion about the quality of Google's (lack of) Developer Support and we figured we could continue that discussion here.

Article on Google Developer Support about our experience with Google's Developer Support and the complete lack of an adequate response from Google for an issue we've been having. Our issue is relatively minor in the overall picture, but certainly other developers have had more serious problems that Developer Support hasn't adequately addressed.

We've also started an online potential to hopefully get Google to notice the problems with their approach to "Customer Service" and "Developer Support." If you've experienced terrible service from Google, please check it out.

Link to Petition at Change.org

It's unacceptable for a company with Google's resources, whose success with Android is partially dependent on app developers who have created nearly a million apps, to completely fail at providing Developer Support. This also impacts users because Developers spend time, money and resources dealing with Developer Support instead of spending those efforts improving their apps.

simplyapplied

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Developers who still attempt to use form mail instead of speaking with the dev relations team on Google+ need an overhaul.

Agreed...I'll look into it. When I looked before it typically involved technical programming discussions and didn't seem to have anything about Play Store/Distribution issues.

I'd much prefer direct contact than email.

I'd say that this highlights the fact that the entire Developer Support page needs an overhaul - if the primary means of contacting support is through Google+ then make that apparent when you select the Contacting Support link.

Just posted a question on Google Plus to the Developer Relations group, so we'll see how it goes.

My problem isn't with Google's development team, its with Google for its overall approach to Developer Support.

Thanks!