Navigation Icon (Blue) Disappeared

Priscilla Johnson

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What happen to the built-in blue Navigation Icon? When maps updated, I lost that icon. Is there a way to get it back? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

prinsesag

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Navigation Icon (Blue)

I had the same issue this morning. I called AT&T and went throught many trouble shooting techniques and nothing worked. Then they advised me to do a master reset and I told them I do not want to that. They then told me that's the only way. I read your forum and you mentioned when you upgraded your maps, thats when it happened. So, what I did was uninstall the maps application, then I restarted my phone and then it reappeared again:) Hope this helps!

unitedorder

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the Maps update, and then restarted. But the Navigation icon looks different (it's larger) and the program doesn't look anything like it used to. Also, it keeps warning me that the program is in Beta. BTW, I am on a Sprint S3.

Help!

Last edited:

trwrt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Any tips for someone who can't uninstall maps?

Just launch Maps, set up your route, and you'll see the little blue triangle there that lets you launch Navigation from within Maps. That's how it works after the update, everything is within Maps instead of under two separate icons.

unitedorder

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
But I've lost the options for speak vs enter destination by typing, and so on. It's a completely different program. It also doesn't keep a list of prior destinations.

EDIT:
Nevermind. I found a free app called Scout by Telenav in the Sprint app store. It is a million times better for what I need. Thanks!!

Priscilla Johnson

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just launch Maps, set up your route, and you'll see the little blue triangle there that lets you launch Navigation from within Maps. That's how it works after the update, everything is within Maps instead of under two separate icons.

I will try this later today, because of the original fix was temporary. Once, Maps updated, the Navigation Icon disappeared again. Thanks,

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Navigation is, and always was, part of Maps; there was one app, with 2 icons (Latitude actually was a third icon for the same app). Now, they have removed the redundant Navigation icon. Search for your destination in maps, tap the car icon, then the card for directions, then tap the blue arrow for voice directions.
Or, using Google Voice Search, say "Navigate to Starbucks," or "Navigate to 312 W Maple Street" and watch your phone take you where you want to go.

Julie Nicole

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Soooo much! That worked for me as well! I was so upset when it was missing and I had no idea what caused it because like twenty things updated while I slept last night!

UncleScotty

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the map updates and it WAS back. BUT
:mad: This morning I noticed a notification that maps was updated automatically and the navigation icon is gone again!
How annoying! Played around and found out there is another step to keep the fix permanent!
This was on my HTC one running stock Jelly Bean
Updated my blog post with the fix...
The link for the updated fix!!!
Simple fix for blue triangle Google navigation app mysteriously disappearing

akadoublej

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Same for me on a Droid DNA. No blue navigation icon appears after clicking on the car. Navigate to <insert location> from the Google search widget works great however.

Last edited: