Hi guys,
    My hubby went to Malaysia and bought what he thought was a Samsung s4 on his last day there and brought it home for me , sadly its not a real one, just some cheap copy I think. It doesn't have air wave, a gps, looks like ones I see on the web as fakes. It runs slow, I have the galaxy 3 and can see the differences in build, and the salesman showed him it has jellybean 4.2.2 on it, and the beans on the screen but when you compare it to mine it is crap.For build number it say gingerbread .zskj6. and it has one called custom build version, is there anything I can do to make it better? wouldn't be as bad it if worked ok but it is so slow and even the camera is so grainy and slow help please if you can, thanks
    Lorri
    07-21-2013 06:39 AM
    Hi guys,
    My hubby went to Malaysia and bought what he thought was a Samsung s4 on his last day there and brought it home for me , sadly its not a real one, just some cheap copy I think. It doesn't have air wave, a gps, looks like ones I see on the web as fakes. It runs slow, I have the galaxy 3 and can see the differences in build, and the salesman showed him it has jellybean 4.2.2 on it, and the beans on the screen but when you compare it to mine it is crap.For build number it say gingerbread .zskj6. and it has one called custom build version, is there anything I can do to make it better? wouldn't be as bad it if worked ok but it is so slow and even the camera is so grainy and slow help please if you can, thanks
    Lorri
    The problem is what are the stats and specs of the phone. It is quite possible because it is a fake (and yes there is more than one kind of fake), that the specs are subpar and it is going to be slower than your S3.

Only thing I can think of is that you could use a custom rom on it, but you would need one that matches that phone. Being fake makes that more of a difficult task to accomplish this.
    07-21-2013 10:13 AM
    Hi Farish thanks for replying, would the specs that antutu shows on this phone be real?
    07-22-2013 04:46 AM
    Hi Farish thanks for replying, would the specs that antutu shows on this phone be real?
    Yes, also can use CPUid which is now available on the android store.
    07-22-2013 04:28 PM
    Without knowing exactly what it is, the liklihood of finding a ROM that would work is pretty slim.
    07-22-2013 05:53 PM