Google Maps is updated to version 4.5

shahr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Google Maps is updated. Few new features that I have found so far are:

In Navigation: it will give walking direction.
In Maps: it has icons at the top of the screen for "Places", "Layers" and "Location".:cool:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
thanks. anybody know how to clear prior map searches listed in the layers? i tried clear map and also history eraser and neither worked. i did not try to clear Google search history - maybe that's it?

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the difference between walking and biking direction? I'm thinking of using the walking directions while I ride my bike, but I'm not sure what problems might arise...

I was wondering if cycling directions take hill climbs into account.

brianja

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the difference between walking and biking direction? I'm thinking of using the walking directions while I ride my bike, but I'm not sure what problems might arise...

I was wondering if cycling directions take hill climbs into account.

At least here in NYC the bike directions keep you on bike paths / lanes.

Walking directions can use any streets b/c it assumes you are on sidewalks.

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
At least here in NYC the bike directions keep you on bike paths / lanes.

Walking directions can use any streets b/c it assumes you are on sidewalks.

Ahhh, I see. I actually don't like the bike paths here (San Diego). They tend to be a round about way to get to the same place.

Thanks much.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
With the 4.5 update the walking directions keep you on walking paths where it knows they exist, so, for example in SF there is a part of Filbert St that is only open to pedestrians that is a set of stairs. You can walk it but no way can you bike it. Here is to hoping they add bike directions soon.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope they fixed the navigation bugs: phone going into standby when using navigation, freezing, history not showing up when trying to enter directions, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty