Chompsms and handcent sms alerts

scottylook

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have read and read but Im just not finding the aswer. I am running 2.1 on the desire. I have tried chomp and handcent. Currently running chomp. I have turned off all the notifications in the native app and turned them on in the new ones. I dont get double notifications as in on the upper left corner of my screen but I have the regular mail icon on my screen and the handcent or chomp. It shows msg in both unless I go into both and look at them. Is the easiest way to just take that native mail icon and dump it. Is it ok to do that? Sorry Im a total rookie

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The regular mail (text message) program is still working in the background, so yes it will show that you have messages. You can take that native mail icon and dump it (by holding it for a long press and then dragging it to the garbage can that appears). You're basically doing the same as deleting a shortcut off your computer screen...it'll still be in your app tray, but not on your home screen.

scottylook

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok sounds good thank you! Just wanted to make sure thats what was done. Been running chomp since yesterday, I like handcent better but it seems to make my phone lag