launcherpro plus

kilted thrower

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Right. I understand that. But my understanding is you can only download stuff from the market if you're not rooted and since pro plus is not on the market, I wouldn't be able to get it on my phone?

Or do I pay and get a code and it'll update it?

NM...figured it out.

Last edited:

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
For anyone else under this impression, the app you download from the market is the full app. When you buy the plus version through Paypal you get an unlock code to access the rest of the features. Because the dev is in a location that Google Checkout isn't supporting yet he can't put paid apps on the market, hence the work around.

Also, you do not need to be rooted to install apps from outside the Market. Even AT&T phones can use Android Central's sideloading software.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
So what are the extra features with Plus?
The extra features with plus include some Sense-ish, scrollable widgets. Currently the widgets include Calendar, People, Bookmarks, Facebook, Twitter, and Friends (Twitter and Facebook). They are very nice.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah LP Plus is awesome. There really is no need for any of the phone manufacturers to being putting software on the devices anymore. If they would leave the software to the developers and just focus on hardware, we would be able to get the updated os alot quicker and we wouldn't be suffering any loss of functionality.

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I paid for the plus and to be honest, the widgets were alright but not really worth the cost imo.

I felt there are better calender apps/widgets out there, better 'top friends' apps/widgets, better text apps/widgets etc.

The only one I do use is the Facebook one, just because I like the 'style' of it. Functionality wise, its actually pretty lacking.

Resizing widgets is actually a misnomer. You are actually resizing the space that the widget occupies, not the actual widget itself. (few exceptions to the rule) For instance, if I resize the Pandora widget to a smaller size, I get half of the widget with part of it completely missing from view.

Renaming icons is cool, but I believe there are free (and I may be wrong) apps that allow you to do that as well. (although root may be needed)

I believe the bread and butter of LauncherPro is what he gives away for free...and for that I am more than happy to contribute and support...but if you are paying for the plus features purely for the features...I would regretfully have to say "Pass"

bloodoak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Btw the assumption that you have to be unooted to download from the market is wrong. Thousands of people are rooted and download from it just fine. Including myself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bloodoak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
You also don't have to be rooted to download apps from the internet. Damn wish I could edit a post from tapatalk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87