facebook inbox limitations?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed something about the Facebook for android app...every time I have a conversation going with someone sending messages back and forward to our respective inboxes I tend to notice that after a certain number of messages are in the inbox the new messages never get to the app all the way. I can see part of the new message in the inbox preview but when I click on the message and try to look for it in the app it has the old messages instead of the new ones. I tried to see if somehow the messages are in descending order or vice versa but hey are not. I have to go to the mobile website in order to read and respond to the message. This is a pain and if I have to do this then what is the point in having an app? The only known idea I can come up with is to start a new conversation but then it still happens after a while. I have tried to uninstall the app and reinstall but it ends up being the same result. Does anyone have any other suggestions or possible solutions to this problem besides using the mobile site? All input would be greatly appreciated...

Droid Incredible by the way ;)

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with the official Facebook app. I contacted the dev team to report the bug but never got a response back. For now I just use a bookmark to touch.facebook.com and forgo the app all together.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely a FaceBook issue. I hope they hurry up and get this vexatious problem eradicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781