12-02-2010 04:54 PM
67 123
tools
    I love the if "you won't pay five bucks you are a cheap *** and should go use free apps with ads, blah blah blah." That's your opinion. I don't listen to much of my own music on my Android mostly pandora. Therefore I would be willing to pay up to three bucks. That's just me though. I have plenty of paid apps but I don't just buy stuff simply because someone made it. See how I didn't try to push my opinion on to someone else?
    11-10-2010 08:42 AM
    I love the if "you won't pay five bucks you are a cheap *** and should go use free apps with ads, blah blah blah." That's your opinion. I don't listen to much of my own music on my Android mostly pandora. Therefore I would be willing to pay up to three bucks. That's just me though. I have plenty of paid apps but I don't just buy stuff simply because someone made it. See how I didn't try to push my opinion on to someone else?
    I certainly respect your opinion, and apologize if I sounded rude in my previous post. I want developers to make good money on their apps, but prefer not to have to look at ads if possible (though sometimes they are very tastefully displayed and not in the way). If developers can make a buck, we will see more developers join in, and we will get much higher quality apps. I am not saying that we should all just throw money at these guys every time they throw together an app, but I believe PowerAmp is a cut-above the rest. It is a really nice app that should demand a higher price than some of the other crap floating around the market.

$5 seems like a very fair price to me, that is my opinion, and that is all.
    11-10-2010 09:17 AM
    I certainly respect your opinion, and apologize if I sounded rude in my previous post. I want developers to makje good money on their apps, but prefer not to have to look at ads if possible (though sometimes they are very tastefully displayed and not in the way). If developers can make a buck, we will see more developers join in, and we will get much higher quality apps. I am not saying that we should all just throw money at these guys every time they throw together an app, but I believe PowerAmp is a cut-above the rest. It is a really nice app that should demand a higher price than some of the other crap floating around the market.

$5 seems like a very fair price to me, that is my opinion, and that is all.

Definitely a great app. I really like the lock screen widget.
    11-10-2010 10:17 AM
    Agreed, a few things that really impressed me about it was the ability to fetch album art and edit the ID3 tags within the app. Oh, and the EQ, good stuff. Now the only thing I need to do is buy a 32gb sd card and I just might be able to leave my ipod touch at home.

BTW I use Slacker (cached/streaming) more than I use an MP3 player as well, but that is partially because I have not been a fan of the music player on my Evo. This app really makes up for that.
    11-10-2010 10:23 AM
    I love the if "you won't pay five bucks you are a cheap *** and should go use free apps with ads, blah blah blah." That's your opinion. I don't listen to much of my own music on my Android mostly pandora. Therefore I would be willing to pay up to three bucks.
    How about $3.25?
    11-10-2010 11:23 AM
    How about $3.25?
    Oh that extra quarter might be my breaking point. Lol jk. Look I think five is hight but I still may buy it lol.
    11-10-2010 02:18 PM
    Oh that extra quarter might be my breaking point. Lol jk. Look I think five is hight but I still may buy it lol.
    i am in the same position. 5$ for a media player app is pushing it a bit, well atleast for me. Power amp looks sweet but all of those settings just confuse this fool haha. i know the basics when it comes to music but i am far from being a guru.

i guess if you think about it, there is always the 24 hour grace period after a purchase. i could always buy it, test it out and if i like it then i will keep it. If not, then i guess i could get a refund.
    11-10-2010 03:33 PM
    I can understand how it's high for people who may not use their phone as a music player that often. I have a ZuneHD and like using that, but sometimes I don't feel like having two devices in my pocket, so I'll go every other day with just my phone. In that situation, PowerAMP is a Godsend. Once I set the EQ, it seemed like my Evo sounded 10 times better.
    11-10-2010 03:36 PM
    I had the mentality of "man that's too much for an app" for a while. Then one day I was thinking about whether or not to purchase a certain game and it occurred to me I used to dump about $15-$20 in quarters into arcade games at my local 7-11 when I was a kid and that was just to play a game for a couple hours. That kind of put things in perspective for me.:o
    11-10-2010 03:46 PM
    What's battery life like?
    11-10-2010 04:38 PM
    Okay so i gave the trial version a shot today and although it looks really nice and full of great features, it is not for me. All of the on-screen buttons are way too small for me to look at and press while im driving. I think i hit a few wrong buttons at one point. Then while I was on the expressway I found myself looking at my phone to figure out what i had to press to go into the library when i should have been paying attention to the road.

My final thought: Great app but it seems to be a hit or miss for each person. Either you love it or you don't have any urge to continue using it.
    11-11-2010 03:29 PM
    I tried it yesterday and really like the UI but it appears not to ever really close. It remains taking 22-24MB of memory and it does seem to eat into the battery considerably. I want to love it and use it but for me battery life has a higher priority. Oh... this is on the EVO.
    11-11-2010 06:48 PM
    Okay, I have a weird complaint and I'm wondering if I just have a setting wrong or something. They partially fixed this in the last update but it only works under specific situations.

When I'm listening to an album and then click on the track this takes you into the song list, right? From there I want to go back up into the Artist's album list but usually hitting "Album" at the top will then take you back to the huge list of all your albums. When you first select an album to play and then go strait back into the menu system it seems to work, but if you stray away or anything and then go back by clicking on the now playing track, it reverts back to taking you to the giant album list. Is there anyway to change this?

It seems small, but when I'm driving and I want to change albums or artist real quick, it takes 10 times the effort when it reverts back to the album list and I have to back out again and go back into the Artist view and then find the artist all over again. Very frustrating!

Also does anyone know if there is a way to add songs to "now playing list" like WinAmp or Zune players can? Thanks in advance!

I love this app and want to pay for it but it just needs a few small tweaks!
    11-15-2010 09:43 AM
    Ok, now I'm having some issues. First, I have PowerAMP set to "Library", yet it tends to switch itself to "Folders" every so often, which is annoying.

Second, it seems to forget where the album art is. I have it set to NOT go online and search, as I have cover art in each folder. Every album has artwork. However, sometimes I'll hit play and the artwork is missing. Go to my library, ALL artwork is missing. Then when it finds the artwork for the album currently being played, it kicks me out of PowerAMP completely, loads the album art, and then I have to start the song over.

And I also have an Evo and am not noticing any more battery drain than when I was without PowerAMP.
    11-15-2010 01:41 PM
    I tried it yesterday and really like the UI but it appears not to ever really close. It remains taking 22-24MB of memory and it does seem to eat into the battery considerably. I want to love it and use it but for me battery life has a higher priority. Oh... this is on the EVO.
    I experienced similar issues, it likes to turn on when plugged in through my cars Auxilary jack..

I went into settings and fixed that.

I am not a fan of the small buttons..great features, I like the cover flow like transition between albums

but too small buttons. I probably will not pay for the upgrade..
    Meridian will be my Player of choice for now.
    11-16-2010 08:22 AM
    What bothers me about this app is that there is no quit, exit, or stop button. I used it one day at the gym and 24 hrs or so later I plugged my evo into the car aux port to listen to a podcast and the darn PoweAmp app fires up. I know there is a setting to change that but it bothered me that it hadn't closed and was sitting in the background the whole time. Not sure if it is using a lot of resources though when it's idle. I agree the buttons are a little small but not too bad for anything other than driving. Slick UI and the EQ is nice like others have mentioned previously.
    12-02-2010 03:37 AM
    This Poweramp craze confuses me, makes me think I'm missing something. My favorite thing about it is the animation in between albums. Why anyone wants an EQ on the player is beyond me. I suppose it's for people with low end headphones? I don't know, otherwise why change the sound of a recording? Then don't listen to the band, right?

The UI is nice, but it's a music player. Looks like a music player. It's more stable then doubletwist, but it's basically the same as mixzing. Just a different look. meridian, lithium, poweramp, mixzing, doubletwist, btunes.... they all are basically the same deal, just with different font and text colors, maybe a couple features here and there that give people the preference.

I've had all the music players on my phone at one point or another, and poweramp is certainly a solid contender, but it's no different then a lot of the players IMO. If you want a cool music player that isn't like every other music player, cubed is the only option. You sacrifice EQs for something that is completely unique. It's the only thing that is brag worthy when showing people an android music player.
    12-02-2010 04:54 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD