best web broswer. fastest. nicest. smoothest.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite content with the stock browser, to be honest. I'll be jumping that ship as soon as Opera Mobile is released for Android, though. Which, incidentally, should be rather soon.

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I like Dolphin HD, but I had trouble the other day trying to get out of the mobile website to the actual website for a page I was viewing and the stock browser answered my problems real easily. Not sure if I'm ready to switch to the stock, but I think I may try it for a few days.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I've found Dolphin to be faster than stock, so that result puzzles me. What I do prefer with Dolphin is that it loads the actual webpage, not the mobile version. That's huge.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
For some reason Dolphin wasn't that good for me. Idk if it was the site I was on or what. I just go with the stock browser. Might give Opera a try.

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've found Dolphin to be faster than stock, so that result puzzles me. What I do prefer with Dolphin is that it loads the actual webpage, not the mobile version. That's huge.

So then, in the stock browser, goto settings and uncheck mobile view. Pages will now load in full web view.

Reactions: Zorro1

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
For me, I like Dolphin better based on features, usability, intuitiveness, etc.

But it is a turtle compared to the stock browser so I think I'm switching back.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Dolphin simply uses the stock browser, so by definition, it can't be faster.

Further you contradict yourself by saying it uses the full site, while stock does not. A) That is false. B) loading the full site is by definition going to be slower than loading the mobile version.

Dolphin's biggest fault is disabling the text focusing of the default browser in favor of full page presentation. Since you can't actually read the full page (way too small), this is useless, and you have to spend time zooming.

Stock just seems to know what the main portion of the page is, and focuses the text in that portion of the page at a readable size.

Still not convinced: Open this news page (reuters) in Dolphin and see if you can scroll down to the bottom of the page (Good luck): Indonesian tsunami kills 108, hundreds missing

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm no Android expert Ice, but I can tell you that pages load faster. It's noticeable, and I'm not the only one who's noticed. And that's really strange if what you say is true, and when you consider that the default is to load mobile pages in stock and full in Dolphin.

While yes, zooming is required with full pages, at least what we're looking for is THERE! The lame excuses for most mobile pages make those a far greater waste of time looking for what they didn't put on it, and trying to figure out how to load the full page. See this month's PC World for similar comments!

I have noticed what you mentioned finally, an inability to scroll properly. I wonder if that's a bug, or something built in that's no good...have to keep an eye on that.

So I guess that means you didn't like it? LOL. OR work for Opera...?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am using Opera on my EVO and find it the best so far. I was not too impressed with Dolphin.

Looking forward for the FireFox browser when it it ready for prime time.

Doc

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I use Dolphin HD. To me it's faster than the stock browser. I love the tabbed browsing and the tons of plug-ins that are available. I have an Evo so I use full desktop view because I have plenty of real estate. I also use the ResToggle application so I was able to increase the resolution which adds even MORE real estate. There may be "faster" browsers, but the tabbed browsing and the plug-ins with Dolphin HD in my opinion puts it on top.