01-16-2012 07:41 PM
56 123
    Love it and it's free also.
    11-11-2010 11:54 PM
    I downloaded it, its free..

have been practicing and it seems to be smooth and quick. Not very intuitive..
    I prefer Swype
    11-12-2010 12:47 PM
    Another update. Why not?

I took a break last week from the 8pen keyboard and ended up bouncing around between stock, Swype, Vlingo, and SwiftKey. Prior to using 8pen, I was pretty dedicated to Swype. Now, though, the problems I had with Swype before seem to be far worse. I can't get it to do a full sentence without screwing up basic words. Between or, our, and out, I can't get Swype to give me the one that I want when I want it. There are some other words along those lines where there's a letter or two difference between three or four common words that will always trip me up. It's that kinda stuff that continually frustrated me with Swype. This past week with other keyboards really didn't do much for me. Of them all, the Vlingo one was pretty good, but not all that much better than stock or just pounding on letters with Swype. SwiftKey ended up annoying me more often than not. The word prediction was wrong more often than not, and for some reason it felt the need to suggest Champagne as the first word for every frigging sentence I tried to type.

So now I'm back to 8pen. The break from using it actually seems to have made me a little quicker with it. I know where the letters are about 90% of the time and am pretty quick with common words. It is now as fast for me as using the stock keyboard in most cases. Swype is still faster, but only when it gets the words right. Since my Swype-ing skills seem to have gone down the krapper, it's no longer an advantage. That's more an issue with me than with the program itself, so take with a grain of salt.
    11-21-2010 11:33 PM
    I like the update. Makes typing a breeze. Although I'm slow, I'm learning fast. I know that with time I will be just as fast as with the slideIT keyboard. I like the pop-up. No more looking under my finger :-) It's a keeper in my book.

P.s. I wrote this entire post with this keyboard. Wasn't too hard to do. :-)

Sent from my Droid
    11-22-2010 05:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can do this with an app called tasker.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    11-28-2010 11:45 AM
    My biggest gripe with this is that it can't handle mid-word capitalization in any easy way in a capacitive screen. There's no pressure sensor, so that option is completely useless for 90+% of Android phones. I know this is a small issue, but it also feels like a pretty big one since this input method focuses around continuous gesturing to form a word. If I were to type McDonald, I would have to hit shift, gesture Mc, stop, hit the backspace key to remove the extra space, hit shift again, and then continue.
    Doing a full circle in addition to the previous letter capitalizes them all... then just choose your letter.

Does anyone ever read the tips and tricks?
    01-16-2012 07:41 PM
56 123