so a few days ago i had a pretty miserable experience trying to meet up my cousin. hes got an iphone and i have moto x. he kept asking me to share my location, so when i went into google maps, it sent him a hyperlink he couldnt open. we eventually found each other and we were both pretty frustrated as to how long it took to get together. i asked him to show me his location share and it pretty much takes apple maps and sends the hyperlink to the person (same thing i did, but with google maps) i obvi couldnt open it bc it was a link to apple maps. this was not the first time i encountered this kind of situation, but this instance really drove the nail in

im trying to see if theres something i did wrong or is there a way i could share without him or me downloading another app.

i feel like im answering my own question because im pretty much screwed in this situation. we are a group of 20 friends and i am the only one with an android. as much as i hate ios, im literally losing out on a lot of things bc i dont have imessage/ios.

09-26-2014 03:50 PM
    You and your friends should try Glympse. It works on Android, iOS, and even on pc & Mac in a Web browser.

09-26-2014 08:33 PM
    sounds really neat and pretty cool. surprised google hasnt acquired them or apply something similar within maps. sadly i cant convince 19 people to dl an app just for me lol. this thread ended up being more of a rant bc im just a black sheep among isheep.
    09-27-2014 01:26 AM