Network Shares - Need Advice

sdrc

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

So the simple question is: How can I mount a network share and open/edit files from my Android device?

Why is this in the app section? Because I want a suggestion of an app that will work. Here is what I have tried so far:

Astro: Can mount shares but if I try to open a file it errors with java.io.filenotfoundexception unable to create stream.

Mobile SMB: Can mount shares but when I try to open a file it gives me the option to open the file with everything but an app that will work. For example when opening a .XLSX file it offers me nesoid, gamboid and snesoid as possible apps but not QuickOffice or Sheets to Go which are installed.

CIFS Manager: Closest I have gotten is ending up with a username error which for the life of me I know I am entering the right UID/Pass/Domain for credentials. (Yes, I am rooted. EVO - with Unrevoked Forever)

So.... If you have an idea of how to get one of these to work or a suggestion of an app that you have used with success I would really appriciate it.

Thanks!

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
If it's just home-stuff you might workaround it with Dropbox, which is incredibly useful regardless of Android use (IMHO, of course).
-AJ