see there are several launchers on the market but unsure of how they effect the phone and if you do use one and want to go back to original are there any problems with that. i dont want to root phone either... just looking for some variety...
    11-16-2014 02:31 PM
    No problems. Even if you choose to use the new launcher "Always" (you'll be asked Always or Just Once), you can go to Appliction mnager, go to the launcher and clear defaults (which means "this app is no longer the default for its function"). You can always uninstall a launcher, use the stock launcher for one thing, then go back to using the new launcher (the stock launcher is just an app in the app drawer) - however you like. I currently have Nova Launcher as my Always launcher, but have the stock launchers still installed (and a couple that I tried, didn't like, froze but haven't gotten around to uninstalling yet).

You don't need root to install a launcher - it's just an app that doesn't require rooting.

About the only effect installing new launchers will have is that you'll probably begin to think that the one that came with your phone is pretty bad.
    11-16-2014 02:43 PM
    Launchers are a way of customizing your android phone even further. You can get rid of manufacturer custom skins of android with a launcher, you can theme your device with icon packs, you can add and delete widgets and wallpaper. I suggest Nova launcher prime which I think is perfect for customization.
    11-16-2014 02:44 PM
    Take a look in this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=460117
    Nova launcher pure beauty and why i love android
    11-16-2014 04:42 PM