Why is my Google Now Arrive By app showing an incorrect arrival time?

herschen

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Google Now Arrive By card incorrect time

I have a galaxy s5. I get notices every morning telling me at 8:43 a.m. to leave for work to arrive on time at 9:00 a.m. sometimes I'll get a notice at 8:40 a.m. Saying I should leave by 8:15 a.m. To arrive on time. This makes no sense.I get a ride every morning to work and it takes 35 to 40 minutes. Google Maps tells me it takes 35 to 40 minutes. So why does Google now think it takes only 15 minutes? And how do I fix this so it provides notices at the right time? I really don't need Google to remind me when I need to leave for work, but there are times I have other appointments and I would like the app to work properly. finally, if there's another forum post with the same issue please refer me over to that as I was not able to locate the exact same issue in other threads.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Now Arrive By card incorrect time

Have you set an appointment at 9AM at your work location? If not, it might be that Google Now thinks you're actually going into work at 9.30. I know it did that at first for me since I was training at the same building but furthermost wing, and by the time I actually got back to my office, it would be one hour after I actually get into work. Fast forward a couple of weeks and then Google thought I went into work at 8 instead of 7...

herschen

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

after I posted this, I checked to see if I had an address in my appointment. I have confirmed that it has the correct address and that it is scheduled to start at 9 o'clock AM everyday with the reminder at 8 a.m.. I think maybe the problem is that it doesn't know where I live. But im just fishing here for ideas. Thanks. it's also odd that on certain days, Google will tell me to leave at 7:30 but won't give me the reminder until 8:15. Having the wrong address for either home or work shouldn't cause this to happen.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Nope, it shouldn't. Actually it should only take your current position to calculate travel time.

Can you check your Google Dashboard for your location history? I wonder if it's getting the right location in the mornings. Maybe it thinks you're somewhere else when you're at home and that's why it cuts the travel time.

herschen

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I just got the alert this morning. Leave by 7:18 to arrive on time. Alert came at 8:40.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

That's so weird... Maybe you should try clearing Google Now's data from the dashboard (I think you can clear location history from the Location Settings). Unfortunately this would mean that you'd have to 'start from scratch' and Google would begin to re-learn your location habits, so it would take a couple of weeks for things to go back to normal, but it's worth the shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm