I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Recently many of my apps would start, go to a black screen or freeze on the app's home screen, crash, then show the "App has stopped" message with the options to close or report. Along with this, I get the same crash message for Google Playstore randomly while I'm using my phone even when I'm not using Play store or have it in the background.

I don't know if this problem is relevant, but my battery also takes a long time to charge. I've concluded that it was a battery problem because I switched chargers with my friend who also has a Galaxy S3 and compared charge rates. Even with his charger, my phone charged at a much slower rate. I've had this battery problem for a week now while the app crashing problem started occuring last night. I'm not sure if they're connected problems or separate ones.
    12-06-2014 12:37 PM
    Hi darkalloy,

First of all could you be a bit more specific about the crashing apps? It makes a difference if they are google apps or third party apps.

Secondly batteries on mobile phones have a lifespan of about two years. The S3 is over 2 years old so it is possible that it is just dieing of old age.

The problems are not connected if you ask me as their source lies in different places
    12-06-2014 05:00 PM
    I am having the same problem but on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It is happening to both Google apps and third party apps. It doesn't necessarily have to be the app that I am using but at least once every 5 - 15 minutes I am seeing "Unfortunately <app name> has stopped"... so its kinda hard to decipher what the problem is because it only gives that generic message. I would be very interested to hear what is causing this issue and how to fix it, this problem just showed up out of the blue about 2 days ago. I downloaded AVG fearing that I had a virus or something but the AVG scan came back without any viruses found.

I tried restarting/shutting down my phone, but that didn't help. I tried clearing the cache and the data from one of my apps that kept shutting down but that didn't work, plus I don't want to do that for every app on my phone. Any and all help is much appreciated!
    12-10-2014 06:17 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Recently many of my apps would start, go to a black screen or freeze on the app's home screen, crash, then show the "App has stopped" message with the options to close or report. Along with this, I get the same crash message for Google Playstore randomly while I'm using my phone even when I'm not using Play store or have it in the background.

I don't know if this problem is relevant, but my battery also takes a long time to charge. I've concluded that it was a battery problem because I switched chargers with my friend who also has a Galaxy S3 and compared charge rates. Even with his charger, my phone charged at a much slower rate. I've had this battery problem for a week now while the app crashing problem started occuring last night. I'm not sure if they're connected problems or separate ones.
    Do u also get a "unfortunately outlook has stopped working" message sometimes?
    I had the same problem. But at the same time multiple other apps also stopped working so that made me think the problem was something else rather than the outlook app.I even updated the outlook app as well as all the other apps that weren't working but none of then would work.I then noticed that there was 2 copies of the outlook app. The original old one and the newer one that I installed (during my attemps to fix all the apps that stopped working).*I then deleted to old outlook app. Suddenly low and behold all the apps srarted working again and the outlook error message dissappear. Woot!This was my solution. Give it a try
    10-23-2015 09:59 AM