When will get a better Facebook app?

DROID_Eris_JP

Dec 26, 2009
www.twitter.com
when r we gong to get a better facebook app?

What's wrong with the current one? I find it to be more than satisfactory. And, since Facebook mobile devs decided to not support iPhone updates anymore, they will focus more on Android and other OS's.

Perhaps your question is better answered when you list your specific gripes... :confused:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The latest version 1.1.2 seems perfect to me now. In fact, it's the first time I've stopped using the mobile version in favor of the app specific version. I suggest people who haven't upgraded, to do so, and report back if they still see deficiencies.

P.S. - moved to app forum and updated title to be more specific (this helps users who are searching).

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Personally I hate the damn thing.

The app is always taking me outside the app when I view photos from the newsfeed, yet it can show photos within the app from someone's profile. Same goes for comments and likes.

The fact that from the newsfeed, it tries to take me to the mobile page for every fricken thing I want to do makes me hate the app almost entirely and I seldom use it.

It looks like it was published when it was halfway finished, like the coders abandoned it but somebody said "Well, let's push it out anyway". Reminds me of pinching a turd in the middle before you're done.

Shoddy work and I am not going to praise it just because we technically have one. I prefer the touch.facebook.com URL to the app because then I can stay in one place and do everything.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
You can view the message inbox. I just checked mine and replied to a message..

and yes the current app does everything I need it to

where can you do this in the app? everytime i receive a message notification i get directed to facebook on my web browser, not the facebook app. i also checked everywhere in the app and couldnt find an inbox area

Snipperdo17

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
where can you do this in the app? everytime i receive a message notification i get directed to facebook on my web browser, not the facebook app. i also checked everywhere in the app and couldnt find an inbox area

It is actually in a weird spot kinda. When you click the facebook app, click notifications, then click that world looking thing on the right side for one of the notifications and then it will take you to whatever the notification was (ex a comment on a status), and at the top you can see home, profile, friends, and inbox. Not positive about all of the notifications taking you to there but I clicked on one where someone commented on my status. Not sure if this is the only way to get there or not but it does get you there anyways!

Bako

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
It is actually in a weird spot kinda. When you click the facebook app, click notifications, then click that world looking thing on the right side for one of the notifications and then it will take you to whatever the notification was (ex a comment on a status), and at the top you can see home, profile, friends, and inbox. Not positive about all of the notifications taking you to there but I clicked on one where someone commented on my status. Not sure if this is the only way to get there or not but it does get you there anyways!

Dude, that "world looking thing" is the browser icon, and when you click it, you switch to the browser for the standard web-based facebook mobile experience.

I agree with the critics of this app - it is missing a lot of the functionality present on the iPhone facebook app, and there's no reason it should be. Not only can't we do email in the app, but you can't visit groups or pages you're a fan of without going to the browser, and you can't do the live feed (as opposed to news feed). More than that, it's not well laid out, with just a bunch of shortcuts on the home screen; they should integrate a live/news feed or find some way to make use of that screen real estate.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
And this is why I stick to touch.facebook.com in the Dolphin Browser. It gives me all the functionality I desire without another application taking up space on my phone.

Phil.

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that this seems to be one of the few places my *gasp* Storm 1 excelled over my Droid. I miss my Blackberry Facebook app. This one, for the lack of better terminology, sucks bizalls!

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that this seems to be one of the few places my *gasp* Storm 1 excelled over my Droid. I miss my Blackberry Facebook app. This one, for the lack of better terminology, sucks bizalls!
And better yet, I came from the iphone which had the entire facebook experience in the app. Going to androids facebook was painful.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just watched some video reviews of the iPhone Facebook app, and I'll admit it makes the Android version look pretty bad. Hopefully they release some big updates for it soon.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I just watched some video reviews of the iPhone Facebook app, and I'll admit it makes the Android version look pretty bad. Hopefully they release some big updates for it soon.

I've been following Joe Hewitt on Twitter, and he apparently doesn't give a crap about Android too..... :(

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
What are the differences between the iPhone and Android apps? Feature-wise?

I'm curious, because coming from WebOS' official facebook app (which essentially is just the newsfeed-- that's it), I love Android's.

But that may be just me not knowing what's 'best' out there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11