When will get a better Facebook app?

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i'm quite surprised that the current facebook app for android is not as good as the blackberry one. i had the blackberry one and you can basically do most of what you want to do on the app itself. with the android one, you have to go to browser to reply to messages or reply to replies. what i also liked about the blackberry one is that it notified me when people replied to my posts/messages/replies. the android one doesn't doe that. you have to go into the notifications and load them to see. and even then, in order to reply to anything it has to take you to the browser instead of remaining on the app.

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Bloo still lacks in some sense as it is a bit slow, however it is much better than the official app. Part of it is because of API restrictions but some is programming.

I use both because the official app puts your friends in your contacts list and depending on what you are doing it is faster. Bloo is much better at notifications so I use that to view comments and what not.

DaveTheRealtor

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
If they could develop an app that combine the blackberry integration of the notifications, and the robustness of the iPhone app... that would be money.

chadmd23

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The bb app has:

Calendar sync - adds facebook events to your calendar
address book sync - adds facebook user pictures/+ some other info to your address book
picture viewer in app
facebook emails showed up in the app
ability to filter news feed - ie, show only status updates

Overall it integrated very nicely with a blackberry.

fmxbrando

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I came from the web-os app to the Android one and thought it was amazing.. until I updated my iPod touch to the new app.. The iPod/iPhone app has literally everything the web site (including chat)...

IMG_0005.PNG

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Did you install the free beta or the paid one?

The beta. I'm pretty impressed so far. Crazy that a 3rd party could far outdo the Facebook coders. That or Facebook just hasn't decided to allocate the resources for an uber-robust Android client.

>:-(

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The beta. I'm pretty impressed so far. Crazy that a 3rd party could far outdo the Facebook coders. That or Facebook just hasn't decided to allocate the resources for an uber-robust Android client.

>:-(

Something tells me they will :) Thanks for the input on Bloo. I'm going to give it a shot.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Something tells me they will :) Thanks for the input on Bloo. I'm going to give it a shot.

What I like is that on this app, everything you can use in the app stays in the app. Pictures, likes, comments. I'd go out on a limb and say that this app gives you %100 of everything the iPhone app gives you short of inbox and chat. According to the dev it's an API limitation too.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I would have to admit that I love my droid but miss the bb and iphone app. I like the look of the touch site but the feeds are never in order. So I just deal with the app that came with my droid. Hopefully its being worked on.

maggiem

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
My app does not update my notifications... and I dislike that the news feed is not a constant update, but rather the quickest turnaround of 30 minutes. Going to try out Bloo and see what I think of it I guess.

Updated - already don't like Bloo either... takes forever to load the news feed... sheesh!

Last edited:

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
FB on Android blows, period. Looks ugly, photos look horrible, and no inbox! Even the mobile site is better. I'm coming from an iPhone and using a Nexus One. The iphone version completely replicates the web experience in a very slick interface.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
They are slowly adding features to the Android version. I'm sure in a year or so, the featureset on the Android Facebook app will be more comparable to that on the iPhone. It's just that Facebook for Android came out only a few months ago. It'll get better I'm sure!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The ONLY thing that I don't like about the Facebook for Android app is the notification system. Very few things trigger the Facebook app itself to notify you, otherwise it's through Email. I hope this is addressed in future updates, I would like wall posts to also come through the Facebook app, much like the BB version. Unfortunately, as it stands, the notifications still bring you to the mobile website.

Other than that, I have no other complaints.

chaddymoff

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
The Android Facebook App (unlike the BBerry Facebook App) does not have a way to manually connect contacts between Facebook and Contacts if the Android doesn't locate the exact contact.

So, for example, if a contact is listed as a couple and you would like to connect that to one of the couple in Facebook, it can't be done presently. Also, if you use a shortened version or a nickname in contacts, Android Facebook often doesn't find the contact.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien