Recent Handcent Issue with popup

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have Handcent and am using the "popup" feature for new messages. This seems to work for most people, but I have one person who is always texting me, and his message on the popup always just shows a button that says "Show MMS" which I have to click to open Handcent to view the actual message.

Any idea what the problem is with texts from that guy?

Everybody else's message just shows the text itself.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you know what type of phone they are using? Or what carrier? Not sure if that has anything to do with it but it sounds like they are coming thru as MMS instead of SMS for some reason... are they accidentally sending you text messages using the picture mail option on their phone?

what phone/carrier are you on?

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I experianced a glitch in texting from one contact. I questioned him and he told me he didn't delete an old text from me. He would respond to that old text which effected how it was received on my phone.
I also had another contact doing the same saved text thing and I would receive everything from him through Google Voice.

To lazy to to fill in the To field?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm....I went back and the conversation has pictures in it from like a month ago, which might be causing it (as you pointed out, he's just replying)

I'll check with him. I know he has an Android phone, but unsure of which model/carrier/SMS program he uses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699