[REVIEW] Notch's Android Game

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
If your a PC gamer or just plain bored at work you have probably heard of a little gem called Minecraft. If you haven't, i suggest you check it out. But the man behind the blocks is who i'm here to talk about, Notch. Notch is the creator behind Minecraft and is a all around indy game developer. Mojang Specifications is his brain child as he works along with a small group of developers. Why am i talking about Notch on Android Central? Because it turns out he has a Desire Z (G2). And recently he released an .apk over twitter with a little, rough around the edges, game. It is not Minecraft. So don't expect it when you open up or be disappointed at the alpha-ness of it.

9LR4W.png

Let me start off by saying, this is in no way meant to, implied to be, or trying to be a full game. It is not on the market. As i said he released it over a tweet which can be seen below in the attached files. He actually made this playable on the PC first but ported it to a apk.

The Game plays in portrait/landscape but your gonna wanna play it in landscape unless your fingers are needle thin. The basic mechanism involves direction keys, inventory above them and a health bar on the bottom. This reminds you of those old school games, you are basically free to go where ever in this small little world and explore. There is a castle or two and inside you will find small treasures such as pants,boots or even potions. The point of the game? Well once again in Minecraft-esque style there is no true story. Just imaginative adventure. To spice up the adventure there is a monster or two and maybe a few trap doors.

mail

Lets talk about the graphics. Graphics are far from HD but notch didn't intend it to be that way. Even with the low graphic quality, the game actually plays at around 30fps. It did not want to give me a legitimate screen shot for some reason (graphics issue) but i did get one, try not to mind the awkward lines going through the middle.

But all and all it is a nice game. I see a future in this type of game for mobile. Instead of just angry birds and fruit ninja we could possibly have some creative free roam fp games. Maybe.

Check it out in the attached files for download.