[GAME] ShootOUT! - A multiplayer, GPS-based outdoor game - Looking for testers

henrikbe

Mar 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi!

I'm working on a GPS-based outdoor shooting game, called ShootOUT!, which has players run around in the neighborhood and shooting at each other, while trying to accomplish various tasks (depending on game mode). To play it, you need to gather a group of friends with Android phones (might work with 2, but better with more, there is no technical limit but I haven't tested with more than 6 so far), and set up a game (by defining game mode, placing flags or other items in the map etc). The game basically works by running around in the area, and tapping the map in order to shoot. However, the other players will not appear on your map, so in order to shoot them, you need to locate them visually (in the real world), and tap in your map at their location. And of course, they will try to do the same to you!

So far, I have implemented five different game modes (some team-based, some free-for-all), and a few different weapons (a couple of assault rifles, machine gun, silenced rifle, sniper rifle, pistol, hand grenade and air strike (which is perhaps somewhat unbalanced, so maybe it should not be used too much)).

I think it's a game with some potential, but it needs to be tested more. I'd therefore be super grateful if anyone would like to give it a try! Since it's an outdoor game, it takes a bit more effort to test it than a regular game, especially since you need to be several players. But if you gather a few friends, I think maybe you would have a good time playing it!

If you'd like to give it a go, feel free to let me know! It's currently in "Closed testing" on Android Play store, so I'll need to add you to the list of testers. Just drop me a message if interested!

screenshot2.png screenshot3.png screenshot5.png

(First two screenshots show setting up a new game, last screenshot is an in-game situation, where you've just fired a few shots down S Madison Avenue)