Google Messenger

PrePixiLove

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else has seen this new SMS app in the Play Store ?

If you have downloaded it, what are your thoughts ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 51619.jpg
    51619.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 143

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's actually been around for a while (at least, in the US). Messenger is supposed to handle SMS/MMS and group messaging better than Hangouts (although I've never encountered any significant problems with the latter). I prefer Hangouts, since I like using it for IMs and group Hangouts.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Nice, simple app. Sometimes simple is a Good Thing. No problems with it. This is the Messenger app that comes on Nexus phones.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if Messenger didn't come installed from the factory on the Nexus 5 and 6, then it came as the default SMS app with Android 5.1.

But I installed it manually a long time ago. And honestly, if Messenger didn't come as the original SMS app on the 5 and 6, then I can't remember anymore what did.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

FiveOverEight

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
It's OK. But hangouts has kind of beaten it. In all honesty I cannot remember that last time I used either as nearly all my friends are on WhatsApp.

Loxody

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Definitely the best app for SMS on Android (it is the official app for sending SMS in Android anyway -- Google recommends you use Messenger for SMS/MMS rather than Hangouts).

PT-new

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
yesterday I received a new mobile phone ( an "One Plus X" ) which has the Messenger of Google preinstalled.
The SMS sending for those without internet connection not receive on their mobile phones. But I get the ones they send me. It is a configuration problem? Where and how?
I appreciate the help.
Regards
:confused:

Philthispain

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else has seen this new SMS app in the Play Store ?

If you have downloaded it, what are your thoughts ?

I like it better than hangouts and I like it better than I like to get Samsung messanger something I can't remember but it's decent that's my opinion

oceanclub

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I keep missing messages with Google Messenger, as notifications don't show up on my lock screen. (Samsung S7 Edge)

I have Settings > Notifications on lock screen -> Messenger set to "on"

Also, Settings > Notifications > Messenger set to "on"

Is there anything else needed or is this a bug?

P.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Have never used Google Messenger before, but it certainly looks like it has merit.

usmantunveer

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I use huawei HW302 device already verified Hangout and installed Google Messenger i can't send or receive text sms/mms please solve the issue i restore device before restore its work properly......and the second after resolve the problem i want all other apps messages at Google messenger guide me setting about this...Thanks

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried using this earlier today and had to switch back to Hangouts. For whatever reason, my texts were not teaching their targets. Could be a Fi issue. Not exactly sure what to think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo