tunesremote

fobrob102#AC

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I've looked throughout the forums and online on getting this app to work. Found the forum where they put up the walkthrough to manually get tunes remote to work (so please don't redirect me there or paste it here). Basically, it can't find my shared iTunes library. And when I manually connect with my IP, it just goes in circles having me enter my 4-digit pass code. Does any one who has had success getting this app to work have any advice? To answer any future questions: yes my library is shared and I have turned off my firewall :)

Thanks!

hunted

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem as you.. i enter code as shown and it tells me i entered it wrong!?!?!?! seriously like i don't know how to input 4 digits arrraaggghh i set static ip i opened ports and i never have a firewall on i even messaged the developer to only get a link to the help which is in the app itself... Which is of little use...
and gmote sucks too..

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
is remotes turned on in preferences? I know on my mac I had to enable it then it popped right up and I entered the passcode into itunes and it connected.. I am not sure if its the same setup as with windows but that might be the case

hunted

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
is remotes turned on in preferences? I know on my mac I had to enable it then it popped right up and I entered the passcode into itunes and it connected.. I am not sure if its the same setup as with windows but that might be the case

Yeah remotes are enabled and the app shows in the itunes bar and allows me to enter code but upon entering code it tells me wrong code meh even when i had code 8976 please like i can't type that.... i full tutorial of worse case would help like this is how you do it guide...

like i said before i have done ports have no firewall and am using static ip.. had to make my router ssid discoverable as it doesn't allow hidden/private networks which im not happy about too. and i did the update that came yesterday and it still gives me the finger.... will give it one more update then i will delete and cuss the hell out of it on the store....

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi,

Android has issues working with Bonjour.

I am using an app called VLC Remote that lets me view, and control my VLC player from my Nexus. It does the pairing with the aid of a small utility on the Mac (or Windows)