Which app to manage my photos?

Bernd Tollinger

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I have a question for you but first my problem: I really take a lot of pictures wherever I go (the general advice “don’t take so much then” is not very helpful by the way), but afterwards I never take the time to sort any of them out. Now my question: are there any apps that could help me getting rid of loads of pictures (like deleting duplicates or one that gives me a good overview of my stock)?

lullabyss

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
What I use very often these times is the Rat Pack Challenge app, it helps me to sort out my photos, I like the usability, its easy to handle and has a hamster inside. ;)

mimran

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I like "Piktures" by Diune

The thumbnail view of the gallery will help seeing the similar pictures taken at the same time.

Love it. Only missing Dropbox integration, which is really important for me since it has most of what is needed to customize my phone, as well as sharing stuff from my desktop PC. I don't want to look for a replacement but will sadly have to if this doesn't happen soon .

Bernd Tollinger

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
ManiacJoe: Oh great, so “Piktures” is like a “duplicate cleaner” for Android? The Dropbox lack could be a slight problem for me though (thx mimran!).
lullabyss: Yesterday I took a look at the “Rat Pack Challenge” too, isn’t it basically more a game than an application?
Chiragchitvan: I also like “Quickpic” and it gets better by every update!

lullabyss

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Bernd: Still have a look at RPC quite funny it is to play! And yes more like a game, you get points when you sort our your photos.
mimran: Dropbox integration isa must for me in those times, makes everything much more easy for anybody.

Bernd Tollinger

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
ManiacJoe: Alright, thanks though. I will try it.
Lullabyss: To be honest I'm using the Rat Pack Challenge more and more since you recommended it. It's a really funny way to sort out pictures. The little hamster makes me happy. I really like the fact that you that you get points for deleting some photos. But what I didn't get so far is what happens next. What can you do with the prizes?

lullabyss

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
For example mark them and have the chance to spread it via social medias like facebook and stuff. But best thing is of course that get more free spaces on your mobile advice.

lullabyss

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Did u saw it - the hamster now has a name! arnold is his name! Hahaha - true Austrian Export! :p
Thumbnail view is a good tip anyways to see like if theres a lot of duplicates, I more do this on my pc sometimes.

anon(684254)

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem with Piktures is that it takes 5 seconds for it to load my pictures after I open the App.

I am quite satisfied with Quickpic and use Foldersync to upload folder wise to OneDrive.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The problem with Piktures is that it takes 5 seconds for it to load my pictures after I open the App.

I am quite satisfied with Quickpic and use Foldersync to upload folder wise to OneDrive.

Is that five seconds to read from OneDrive?

Piktures reading from my SD card is really quick on my G4.

anon(684254)

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How many different folders are those 5000 pictures stored in?
If they are all in one folder, you will see degraded performance from the file system with that many files in one folder.
3k in one folder
500 in other
Rest in other folders making up around 10 different folders.

ecksmc

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Try unclouded, it's more a file manager for cloud but once you link your internal and sd storage there is a duplicate file feature which will show you all duplicate pics easy to delete all duplicates at one time long press pics you want to delete and delete all at same it

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Try unclouded, it's more a file manager for cloud but once you link your internal and sd storage there is a duplicate file feature which will show you all duplicate pics easy to delete all duplicates at one time long press pics you want to delete and delete all at same it

Good call!