I am looking for a way to be able to display messages that come to WhatsApp on my phone onto my Nexus 7 tablet.

Seeing as you cannot have one number registered to more than one device with WhatsApp, the only way this seems possible is to use "WhatsApp Web".

I tried out "WhatsApp Web" on my Nexus 7 Tablet using Chrome Browser and as long as you request desktop site, it seems to work brilliantly.

But here is the problem: the browser must be open at all times to be able to get notifications. So if i close the window or open another application then I don't get whatsApp notifications via Chrome.

Is there a way or a app that will allow a permanent chrome based tab as a running process? So that way I can run a WhatsApp web tab all the time?

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    12-11-2015 08:13 AM
    Not sure if it does for Tablet, and they're not exactly popular lately since their Premium Tier snafu, but Pushbullet, at least for PC, supported forwarding notifications from your phone to your computer. Maybe it works for Tablets as well? I know they added texting from a tablet (albeit, again, limited number of texts unless you're on their ridiculous premium plan).
    12-11-2015 12:11 PM