Question Restoring Whatsapp session from Whatsapp web on android?

archz2

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Recently my phone stopped working. It has gone for repair. I am using a spare old Nokia 6.1 phone for my day-to-day needs.

On my Windows laptop, I have been logged into whatsapp web and WhatsApp windows application through my old phone for months.

Yesterday I got logged out of my WhatsApp web session. I am still logged into whatsapp desktop app.

If I login to whatsapp on my Nokia phone, will I lose my chats or they will get synced from the WhatsApp desktop application?

I don't have my WhatsApp linked to Google account for backup and restore.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Recently my phone stopped working. It has gone for repair. I am using a spare old Nokia 6.1 phone for my day-to-day needs.

On my Windows laptop, I have been logged into whatsapp web and WhatsApp windows application through my old phone for months.

Yesterday I got logged out of my WhatsApp web session. I am still logged into whatsapp desktop app.

If I login to whatsapp on my Nokia phone, will I lose my chats or they will get synced from the WhatsApp desktop application?

I don't have my WhatsApp linked to Google account for backup and restore.
WhatsApp data is backed up through the app on your phone and not desktop.

If your backup is only stored on your repair phone and not backed up to the cloud, as long as the repair hasn't involved a factory reset then it should still be on the phone when its returned.

Fingers crossed that it is, in which case get your data backed up to your Google account asap so your covered should you lose your phone or if it completely fails in the future.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your post and I've since found this:

Open WhatsApp on your PC and go to the settings menu.

Look for the option to back up your chats, which is usually located in the "Chats" or "Chat Settings" section.

Follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup of your WhatsApp data on your PC.

It's important to note that without access to your phone, you may not be able to back up the most recent messages and media that were not previously backed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: archz2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TripleU ®