Conditional call forwarding app?

alexolog

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Conditional call forwarding app

Hello,

The reception in my office ranges between horrible and non-existent, so I am looking for an app that will be able to turn call forwarding on or off by predefined rules.

I am looking for an app that will do the following:
- When it detects that I am on the office WiFi (by SSID) it will turn call forwarding on to the office number.
- When it detects that I am no longer on the office WiFi, it will turn call forwarding off.
- It will show the status and allow an easy manual override (on/off)
- It will do so RELIABLY (by retrying if there is no reception, etc)

In addition, it will be good it it can turn forwarding on to a VOIP number when on any WiFi and the signal is very low, and off when leaving the WiFi.

I found some apps on Google store that claim to do that, but the reviews were mixed, with people saying that the forwarding does not switch off, so I am looking for your recommendations.

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Conditional call forwarding app

Tasker will do it reliably. You'll need to write a few tasks like Call Forwarding - Tasker Wiki to check for which wifi SSID, if any, you're connected to, etc.

I have it changing things around when I'm on my home wifi, my niece's wifi, one of my doctor's wifis (he has wifi for patients, and some procedures require that I'm stuck there for 5-6 hours), but I want different things enabled or disabled at different places.

Google tasker whatever-function-you-want and you'll probably find a script for it. (I found the above link with tasker call forwarding.)

The app is well worth the $3 it costs.

alexolog

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Conditional call forwarding app

Thanks Rukbat.
It sounds interesting, but raises some questions:
1. How would I know if call forwarding is in effect? Will there be an option to have a visual indication?
2. Will Tasker be able to know if the operation failed (due to being in a no-service area) and either retry or alert me?
3. ... and show the correct status (combining #1 and #2 above)
4. Will I be able to set a quick "button" to manually turn the forwarding on/off and have it play nicely with the above?

I do understand that a generic approach is more flexible and powerful, but sometimes a specialized solution works better for a specific need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch